New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great place to calm down” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Montross

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montross
The Inn at Montross
Ranked #1 of 1 Montross B&B and Inns
Montpelier, Virginia
“Great place to calm down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My wife and I were on our way to the Inn at Montross when our car got hit by someone running a red light which totaled our car and put us both in the hospital. When we were discharged several hours later we decided to continue to the Inn though we were both very sore and shaken. We notified Cindy we would be late and that was not an issue whatsoever. When we arrived they could not have been more accomodating. Knowing what we went through, they said they understood and that it would be fine if we wanted to cancel and come back another time. Boy are we glad we decided to stay. The service and the food were unbelievable. Both Ken and Cindy, as well as their staff were in a class by themselves. You honestly felt they cared. You literally do not have to leave the house for anything once you arrive. Everything you need for a relaxing stay is there.
Now, I've stayed in quite a few B & B's over the years with my wife and I have to say that I was not fond of them due to too many bad experiences. I would'nt refer to the Inn as a B & B because I personally think that to refer to them as such would be an insult to them. What Ken and Cindy have done is figure out a way to take a 5 star hotel and shrink it.
The bottom line here is that you'd be cheating yourself not to go here.
Ken and Cindy, thanks for everything.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Stratford Room which was fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed here on a Groupon and I would definitely go back. Often times, businesses treat you differently (aka badly) when you're redeeming a Groupon but not the Inn at Montross! The food is incredible and the owner, Cindy, is a kind and bubbly host. During my stay, I had dinner and brunch at the Inn - both meal services are frequented by people in the community and for good reason - the meals are locally-sourced and delicious!

Everything within the Inn is well appointed and comfortable; I wish I could have stayed longer.

My only recommendation would be to have a closet of board games and/or playing cards for some late night entertainment.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
College Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My boyfriend and I spent the past weekend at the Inn after learning and purchasing a deal on Troop Swap. From the second we got there on Friday Afternoon until our departure this morning we were nothing but pleased and relaxed. Cindy is a very wonderful host/chef, she always made sure to stop and make sure we were happy no matter how busy she was. On Friday night we dinned in with our very hospitable server being Joey. On Saturday night we had the pleasure of being served by Helle, who was absolutely wonderful and knew how to keep a smile on our faces. Sunday morning we were again served by the absolutely wonderful Joey. And I can not forget John the best bartender I have ever been served by, his Mojito and Strawberry Mimosa were wonderful, and how can I forget his raspberry margarita's were amazing beyond explanation. And last but not least Ken who was very kind and gave us a wonderful wine tasting section. Needless to say we can not wait until we will be able to go back to the Inn and see all of these amazing people.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden Room, it was very beautiful and had a very calming feeling to it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Cindy is a wonderful host. We had a girls weekend getaway at the inn and had a wonderful time. The breakfast was wonderful, the bed was so comfortable, and the porch was divine.

Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Cindy and Ken were amazing hosts! The rest of the staff followed in suit. The food was amazing. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montross
15.4 km away
2.1 km away
Washington & Lee Motel
Washington & Lee Motel
#1 of 1 in Montross

Been to The Inn at Montross? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK