“Great place if you can get a table”

The Egg & I Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 237 Restaurants in Midlothian
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Egg & I Midlothian, Virginia breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This is a great breakfast joint but it stays busy and it's hard to get in there on the weekends. If you have a weekday morning free hit them up for brunch. Great pancakes and waffles but salads are equally delicious. They are only open until 2pm. So make sure you plan to arrive by 12:30-1pm.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thanks so much, Stacy! We truly value those five stars and appreciate you taking the time to share. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

The restaurant is located in an upscale area, in a strip mall, easy to find. We went on a weekday morning, around 8:30 am. It was not crowded, however, filled to capacity, rather quickly. Heard on the weekend, there is usually a line. Loved the huge sign on the wall, "Mother always said eat a good breakfast."

Two of us, a first visit, here, and the service was wonderful, from the time we entered to be seated, until the time we left. Our server, displayed service with a smile, and checked with us often. She introduced us to the manager, when she found out we were visiting from out of town. We had delicious waffles, served with fresh banana and strawberry slices, with good quality crispy bacon, and scrambled eggs on the side. We also had a serving of grits, and coffee. A basic breakfast, which came out pretty quickly, served hot off the griddle, and everything delicious! The only suggestion, is to cook the grits with just little bit of salt, as the consistency was great, just a little bland. The portions were generous, and food reasonably priced. The coffee was piping hot, and of good quality. They even left us an entire pot on the table, since we liked the coffee so much. By the way, the bathrooms are also very clean. On my next trip to this town, outside of Richmond, I will definitely visit again, to try some other menu items.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thanks so much! We truly value those five stars and appreciate you taking the time to share. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

On Father’s Day following a family wedding the day before, 19 of us showed up at this The Egg & I for a last meal before we went our separate ways home (Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland). While it took a little bit to be able to seat us all (at four tables), once we were seated the wait staff ably handled getting all our orders and promptly bringing everything.

Obviously, this place serves breakfast, and does it well. Everyone selected different meals and all reported being very pleased when it was all said and done.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear you all enjoyed breakfast with us. We hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We had great service. Cheryl waited on us many times at her previous location.
We were surprised to hear that it has been open at least four years.
We have only recently heard of it.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thanks for stopping by! we're thrilled to hear of the great service you received. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I had to fly back to VA from Florida due to a family emergency. While there I called up one of my best friends and he strongly suggested we meet and the egg and I. I asked what should I get he said the huevos rancheros bro. Damn it was good. Fast service and very attentive. I miss VA.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thanks for stopping by! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your Huevos Rancheros. We hope you'll stop by and see us again next time you're in town!