“An Enchanting Mountain Resort”
Review of Primland

and 1 more site!
Primland
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meadows of Dan
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Although I often use TripAdvisor, this is the first time I've felt that I wanted to write a review. Primland is an amazing place -- the mountains, golf, sporting clays shooting -- it was all at the highest level. We stayed in the Blue Ridge Suite and it will for most of you be the best suite/room you've ever stayed at.

One thing I wanted to especially mention was the helpfulness and interest by the new manager, Mara. She has genuine interest in how the guests are doing at the resort. She made sure all our needs were met and was obviously attentive to how we were doing, without being intrusive.

There are so many great activities. We will be back to do some more sporting clays and next time we plan on doing some horseback riding. Golf was really special -- probably the best course I've played (and I've played in some top 100 U.S. courses). My 10 year-old described it as being better than the Masters (ok, so that's of course not true, and he has never played Augusta, but you get the idea).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 March 2011

My husband and I just got back from a one night stay at Primland. It was rainy and foggy so we didn't get to go hiking as planned but we really enjoyed our stay. The Piedmont suite was beautfully appointed and very clean. Staff was friendly and our chef tasting menu at Elements last night was great along with some wonderful wine. We are planning another trip and will bring friends and family along.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Primland is a beautiful mountain resort. The views were fabulous and the grounds well kept. My boyfriend and I stayed this past weekend in the Woodchuck cottage, 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Our cottage was very private with a hot tub and gas wood stove. Most every thing was clean with a few exceptions....turned on the ceiling fan in the living room and dust went everywhere (we had food on the coffee table at the time) and my socks were dirty after walking on the floor. The cottage was well supplied with the exception of the laundry detergent. All of the rooms were nice and well decorated. The master bathroom wall had been repaired but not repainted. The cottage had a grill that we used our first night. Not very big if you were cooking for a large family. Our biggest disappointment was the food at the restaurants. We had lunch at the 19th Clearing Pub for $68, a little pricey but good. Biggest disappointment was the food and atomsphere at the Stables Saloon. For $141, we had two steaks, dessert and two drinks. I must say, the Stables Saloon was one of the dullest places I have ever eaten. Like another reviewer, would rather eat at Frankie Rowlands. Best part of our stay was the couple's massage. Holley and Kelly were wonderful. Excellent massages with a flair for romance. All in all I would rate our stay as average.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rockinwksgf
BBradbury, General Manager at Primland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to welcome you to Primland ! Thank you for the honest feedback you posted here regarding your stay in Woodchuck, one of our Mountain Home properties. I have shared the posting with my staff, and we have addressed in detail each of the shortcomings you described. Thank you too for your feedback about your dining and spa experiences.

Please accept our sincere apologies for these lapses in our service. We regret disappointing you in any way and on behalf of my entire team, we endeavor to regain your complete confidence in us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Primland as our guests one day. I am available at any time to help make the arrangements for you personally. My direct telephone number is 276.222.3807.

Warm regards from all of us at Primland,

Brooks Bradbury

Reviewed 4 January 2011

My husband, myself and another couple stayed at Primland for the New Year's weekend. I must say this is one of the most wonderful NYE we have ever had. We rented one of the cabins. The guys shot clays and the ladies went for a hike. The NYE dinner was magnificent. The service was impeccable and the staff was great. The band was wonderful! Lacey Green was the lead singer and sounded like a young Allison Kraus. On Saturday, we relaxed at the Spa. We had the best massages we have ever experienced. Please ask for Thea or Sandra. You will not be disappointed!

We are planning our Primland trip for next NYE!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend breather in late August for our first visit. The facilitiy is very modern and first-class. We had been on property for ten hours when I asked a staff member if business was doing okay since we had barely seen anyone since arriving. "Oh, Yes. We're nearly full up this weekend," was his reply. This makes an important point about Primland. It is designed to feel like your own resort. you will see people from time to time, but mostly, you feel like your're alone. Golf is one of the best available on the Blue Ridge. The proshop staff is top notch. Pay attention to slope rating. It's harder than that.

Spa is very well appointed. There is a Cherokee theme to the Spa that's a little stretched, but the staff is very professional.

We stayed in a fairway cottage which was excellently appointed (despite the claim of a full kitchen there is no stove).

Dinner in the lodge is four star. Dinner at the Stables is a little weird because we were one of very few patrons. The decor in the stables is a little lacking. On the whole, this was a dream excursion.

This is the best four-star resort within driving distance of Charlotte, NC.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
21.7 km away
Mountain Rose Inn
Mountain Rose Inn
#1 of 1 in Woolwine

Been to Primland? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK