“Heinous!!!!!!”

McDonald's
Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in Max Meadows
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

I dont expect much when i go to fast food place. But this place is absolutely horrible. It took us 20 minutes to just get to the drive up order box. After that another 40 to get our food. They looked lost. We had been stuck in two traffic jams adding 1.5 hours to our drive home to Ohio from NC. This area is known for traffic back ups. Ask the more reason to have more staff on for a Saturday. I had the kids that were hungry and needed to get use a rest room. Adding that much time we needed to get back on the road. Pitiful restaurant!

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

The fact that they serve breakfast burritos all day long is worth one star alone, so maybe I should consider giving this McDs three.

The burritos are pretty good. Sandwiches as well. Fries, though, were cold.

Reviewed 6 December 2014

I think I visited this restaurant just off I-81/77 in Max Meadows, VA. (Doesn't quite match the Tripadvisor map location). Service was terribly slow (should have taken the hint when I went in and the lobby saw 10+ people standing around with arms folded, holding receipts, waiting for food). Granted, there is a Greyhound Bus Stop by the restaurant and they blamed the slow service on bus traffic. Could be, but should they not be ready for scheduled buses? The worst part was not he wait, but the attitude of the employees! They took my order, but never asked if it was "to go" or "stay". I was going to eat in the restaurant with my family of 7. When the food finally came up (25 minutes after ordering), it was in three bags. Quickly checked to see if it looked right, but that was my mistake. I should have dug through the bags to see if it was all there. When unpacking the food at my table, I was missing a "Big Mac with no pickle" for my grandson. Went back to the counter and told them I was missing a special order Big Mac. The lady assembling orders turned to the kitchen and said very loudly, "I need a Big Mac with no pickle, BUT I KNOW I PUT IT IN THE BAG!" Rude, implying to the entire restaurant that I was lying. She may have put a Big Mac in A bag, but it wasn't MY bag. I used to manage a McDonald's and no employee should ever say anything like that, and especially that loud. When I got back to my table, my two daughters (who had also been shift managers at a McDonald's) commented on the employee's comment which they heard across the restaurant). I love McDonald's but will NEVER visit this one again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stopped here on our way to Myrtle Beach from Michigan. The surrounding area was fairly busy and so was the restaurant. We waited in line for approximately 10 minutes. Our order was taken and we waited another 5 minutes for our completed order. We brought the food to the car. The only thing that was hot was my coffee. The rest of the food was warm. My youngest daughter commented, the egg didn't taste like egg and the cheese didn't taste like cheese. The food filled us but didn't satisfy.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Lot's of fast foods have 24 hour drive thru. but this Miki'ds has the dining area open 24 hours too. That's huge if you want to grab a quick bite but don't want to try and eat in your car.