The Collins House Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Lazy Fox Inn(Damascus)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsb bwonderful hostslincoln theaterfront porchbreakfast was delicioushistorical homebed and breakfastbelgian waffleswithin walking distancefresh fruittwo nightshungry mother state parkother guestscomfortable bedsgreat place to staynext morninggarage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2010

On a previous trip to Marion, VA to hike the nearby Appalachian Trial, I struck up a conversation with a couple in a local restaurant. Turned out they are the proprietors of Collins House Inn, David Fields and Sheila Quattrocchi. They gave me a lot of good info about places to eat in Marion and invited me and my buddies to walk up after dinner and see their B&B. I was curious to find the location of a web cam that I been watching weather conditions in Marion. The webcam is on the porch of the Collins House. Check it out and you will see the Collins House is located very near to downtown Marion, so you walk everyplace. After dinner I walked up to peek in the window of the Inn -- and all the lights came on. David came out and said, “Come on in" and invited me and my hiking buddies for a tour. David spent five and a half years taking the house apart and reassembling. It is beautifully done. Five bedrooms, each with private bath. Mix of their antiques, purchased antiques and reproductions. I returned with my wife this weekend for our 38th wedding anniversary. I must say this was the best of all 38! We love the convenience of the Collins House to the restaurants and the Lincoln Theater. We parked our car and walked the entire weekend, The town of Marion sits a beautiful valley just off I81 which makes the Collins House not only easy to get to, but strategically located for visits anyplace in the southwest corner of Virginia. David and Sheila are not only great host, cooks, tour advisors, and historians, but people we now count as friends. We will be visiting the Collins House Inn for many more anniversaries and I highly recommend you do the same for special occasions or just a special weekend!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stevecol_07
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We were extremely satisfied with our stay at The Collins House Inn during one of the NASCAR weekends. This bed and breakfast provided the perfect solution for the needs of my wife and I. It is only a short drive to the track and just far enough away to allow you to escape from all of the hustle and bustle of the NASCAR circuit. The accommodations were pristine in every way and the food provided was absolutely delicious. The owners of the facility did an outstanding job recommending local attractions that were specific to our interests. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Just returned from 3 nights at the Collin's House Inn; it is wonderful. The other reviews are quite comprehensive and very accurate, so rather than repeat what they have to say, we just want to say, "Treat yourself to a wonderful stay!" David and Sheila, the heart and soul of the inn, have created the perfect spot to rest, relax and enjoy yourself. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rtkunstal
Reviewed 18 December 2008

I came to Marion, Va. on business and chose this B&B based on other positive reviews. I am so happy I chose to stay here! It's right in the downtown area of Marion, and the home has been lovingly restored. Not one detail has been overlooked. The inkeepers, Sheila and David are thoughtful, welcoming, and kind hosts. The breakfast was outstanding. I took a tour and all of the rooms were comfortable, well-decorated and well-appointed. My bed was so comfortable. I didn't want to leave. Thanks for a great stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Toonces76
Reviewed 20 October 2008

This was a delightful B&B! The innkeepers, David Fields and Sheila Quattrocchi, were very welcoming and accommodating to our every need. We took in a quick tour of this old 1920's home (previously a single family home, then converted into offices in the 1960's, and later remodeled by the current owners into the beautiful B&B). Each room is spacious with its own bathroom and sitting area. The inn offers wireless internet, and there is a desktop computer available for guests. Sheila took down our food preferences at the time of checkin (coffee & tea preferences, vegetarian/non). We had tea and homemade chocolate chip cookies laid out for us in the afternoon. They have a sitting area with a very cozy fireplace, and an entertainment room with an upright piano.

We had a pleasant walk around town - quiet, as most shops are closed on Sundays and some on Mondays. For dinner, we drove to Mi Puerto, a Mexican restaurant just beyond the town's Walmart. That was definitely the best authentic Mexican food we've had in several years - fast service, very tasty food, and large portions...the aroma of great food greets you as you enter the restaurant! The other non-chain restaurant open on a Sunday night was Tuscan Italian Grill, which we had heard was good but not truly authentic for die-hard Italian food lovers.

Our innkeepers provided a substantial breakfast at the time we had arranged upon checkin - we had several large waffle wedges, covered with lightly sugared fresh strawberries and fresh whipped cream. They provided bacon to this omnivore as well! We also had coffee of our choice and prearranged juice (they offered grapefruit, cranberry, or orange at checkin).

We've visited several B&B's in our travels - this definitely ranks very highly in our books! If you desire a nice quiet town B&B nestled in the mountains and beautiful nature that VA has to offer, The Collins House Inn is the place for you!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank giselle816