“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Marion B&B and Inns
Athens, Georgia
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

Kudos to Shelia Quattrocchi and Dave Fields. This talented couple renovated an abandoned house into a beautiful B & B. They did all the work themselves; H/A/V, painting, carpentry, glazing, millwork, everything. It took them five years. It is modern and very comfortable. Be sure and look at the scrapbook. Their artisan skills are exceeded only by their hospitality. We thought we were staying with family instead of inkeepers. The gormet breakfasts are to die for. If you go to Madison, be sure and stay with them. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cary, NC.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

On a previous trip to Marion, VA to hike the nearby Appalachian Trial, I struck up a conversation with a couple in a local restaurant. Turned out they are the proprietors of Collins House Inn, David Fields and Sheila Quattrocchi. They gave me a lot of good info about places to eat in Marion and invited me and my buddies to walk up after dinner and see their B&B. I was curious to find the location of a web cam that I been watching weather conditions in Marion. The webcam is on the porch of the Collins House. Check it out and you will see the Collins House is located very near to downtown Marion, so you walk everyplace. After dinner I walked up to peek in the window of the Inn -- and all the lights came on. David came out and said, “Come on in" and invited me and my hiking buddies for a tour. David spent five and a half years taking the house apart and reassembling. It is beautifully done. Five bedrooms, each with private bath. Mix of their antiques, purchased antiques and reproductions. I returned with my wife this weekend for our 38th wedding anniversary. I must say this was the best of all 38! We love the convenience of the Collins House to the restaurants and the Lincoln Theater. We parked our car and walked the entire weekend, The town of Marion sits a beautiful valley just off I81 which makes the Collins House not only easy to get to, but strategically located for visits anyplace in the southwest corner of Virginia. David and Sheila are not only great host, cooks, tour advisors, and historians, but people we now count as friends. We will be visiting the Collins House Inn for many more anniversaries and I highly recommend you do the same for special occasions or just a special weekend!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stevecol_07
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

We were extremely satisfied with our stay at The Collins House Inn during one of the NASCAR weekends. This bed and breakfast provided the perfect solution for the needs of my wife and I. It is only a short drive to the track and just far enough away to allow you to escape from all of the hustle and bustle of the NASCAR circuit. The accommodations were pristine in every way and the food provided was absolutely delicious. The owners of the facility did an outstanding job recommending local attractions that were specific to our interests. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

Just returned from 3 nights at the Collin's House Inn; it is wonderful. The other reviews are quite comprehensive and very accurate, so rather than repeat what they have to say, we just want to say, "Treat yourself to a wonderful stay!" David and Sheila, the heart and soul of the inn, have created the perfect spot to rest, relax and enjoy yourself. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rtkunstal
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2008

I came to Marion, Va. on business and chose this B&B based on other positive reviews. I am so happy I chose to stay here! It's right in the downtown area of Marion, and the home has been lovingly restored. Not one detail has been overlooked. The inkeepers, Sheila and David are thoughtful, welcoming, and kind hosts. The breakfast was outstanding. I took a tour and all of the rooms were comfortable, well-decorated and well-appointed. My bed was so comfortable. I didn't want to leave. Thanks for a great stay. Highly recommended!

• Liked — the accomodations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Toonces76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
3.0 km away
33.0 km away
Millsap-Baker Estate
Millsap-Baker Estate
#4 of 5 in Damascus

Been to The Collins House Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK