“food extremely over cooked”
Review of Country Cookin

Country Cookin
Ranked #112 of 347 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Captain Morgans Shrimp Feast was terrible. Fried to the point that you could neither see or taste any shrimp. Like eating crisp breading only. My wife had Liver and onions and Liver was also over cooked and hard. To top it off the soft serve machine was broken and inoperative. My fault for not refusing the food. Absolutely the worst dinning experience we ever had. Probably our last visit. However, the waitress was very good and we left her a generous tip. Tip is for service, not quality of food.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

My friends and I had traveled 2 hours for a show in Lynchburg and chose this restaurant. GREAT choice!!! The food was delicious! I ordered the sirloin steak, baked potato and the food bar came with the meal. The steak had the best flavor and cooked perfectly! Everything on the bar was delicious --- you could make an entire meal off the bar if you didn't want any meat with your meal.

Prices were very economical. Friendly wait staff. Will definitely go back if ever in the area.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My husband took me to Country Cooking for dinner Sunday! Server was Summer! She was nice and very good at her job! She made sure we had a drink and the food was hot and fresh! It was! Great Sunday dinner! Thanks!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Love the food here. The buffet has a very good variety. The entrees are delicious. Service is usually much better.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Country Cookin has menu service with a large buffet. You could order just the buffet, but items from the menu, with a side, are only a couple dollars more than the buffet by itself. I ordered the Sweet & Spicy Grilled Shrimp, and it really had some kick to it (unlike most things labeled "spicy"). The buffet has all the salad fixins you would want, pluse a few picnic salads, hot vegetables, mac & cheese, and desserts (I probably missed a few things). Our waitress was pleasant. The floor did seem to be a bit sticky whereever you walked, but everything else was clean.

Been to Country Cookin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK