“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

We were not expecting much for a room with two double beds for less than $70/night and when we checked in with a clerk behind bullet proof glass and a hallway that reaked of stale smoke, we thought we were in for a long and unpleasant night.

However our non-smoking room was clean, fresh smelling, quiet, and very nice. A good sized fridge, microwave were there and although it was old, the heating unit worked very well. The bathroom was smalll but with all new fixture and good quality towels. Beds were very comfortable.

Small improvements would be a) and extra blanket and b) new light switch faceplates (get rid of the badly painted ones). No closet or ironing board, etc. but very quiet and no road noise. B'fast was waffle maker or cereal with OJ and coffee. The TV was low definition but had all the major channels including ESPN and CNN.

For the money we felt this was VERY good value and were overall quite pleased. considering that one spends most of the time in a room asleep, we look for quiet, clean and safe. You get all that at the Timberlake. Nothing fancy, but much better than other budget places I have stayed.

Room Tip: For quiet ask for a room away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mafarmerga
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We had the opportunity to spend 2 nights at this hotel. It was clean and convenient to the sites in the area. The breakfast is good (waffle, cereal, coffee and OJ). We got the managers special rate.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Portsmouth UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

aA good budget motel , close to the main roads , Ideal centre for touring Virginia , I stayed here 14 nights . the breakfast was a cook yourself waffle with maple syrup , but there are a lot of great cheap eating places in the area within 5 minutes drive . The staff are friendly & helpful;.The décor slightly dated , the ice free . Two coca cola machines although one was empty throughout my stay . the pool was filled and available . A good deal , but budget , I was more than happy with the price .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert P
Ridgeway, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Planning out a vacation and using the internet can be like a game of roulette at the best of times. I knew after doing some research that the Timberlake hotel was not going to be high end, nor did I expect it. We merely needed a night with beds and a pool for the kids to swim in. I recognized that this was an older Motel - the kind I always stayed in with my parents when we travelled. There was 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 - 13yr old girls.

Upon arrival we walked into our room and it was indeed not only musty but our non-smoking room had definately been termed that recently. The room smelt heavily of cigarette smoke. We could have asked for a different room, but upon realizing the entire motel, up to and including the parking lot smelt of smoke we figured it was probably better to just grin and bear it. We wouldn't be there long enough to worry about it and went to dinner.

Upon returning I asked the girls to go check out the pool and see if the water was warm enough to see if they wanted to go for a swim. Well, their answer was a resounding NO...since the pool was full of debris. They said it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in some time. - Not a big problem it was getting later in the evening anyhow.

We went to the ice machine to get ice and to say the room walls were very thin would be an understatement. It would seem that there was some guests who were a bit more adult, "expressive" and loud in the rooms by the ice machine. Granted the hotel is not responsible for what goes on behind closed doors but if you are travelling with younger kids it is something to keep in mind.

The breakfast area was small but there was cereal and waffles, juice and coffee. However as we arrived just after 8:30 in the morning the cleaning staff was using up all the food which was put out as well as the coffee. The breakfast was available until 9.

If you are looking merely for a bed this is the place. If you are looking for somewhere that has anything above that - this may not be the place for you. I can say I will not return to this motel at all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Wendy M
Seaford, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

My parents, in-laws, husband, and I were seeking higher ground during a potentially disastrous storm. Thankfully, all was well when we returned. My family did not want to go too far, but we wanted to be away from the heavy winds, rain, flooding, and power outages so we opted to choose Lynchburg. I reserved this place based on the reviews. I'll admit I had an "uh-oh" moment when we turned into the parking lot. I knew it was an old Mom & Pop motor lodge, but it looked nicer in photos to me. I went in with ambivalence, I was greeted by the manager and a kind, helpful LU student working the front desk. I liked the fact that it had an interior corridor. Things seemed neat and tidy, some furniture was more worn than others, but still okay. The windows opened which was good because the room was a little musty. All was well when we returned after dinner. The motel provides a breakfast room with hot coffee, cereal, and waffles, I would have liked some fruit, but was glad for what was available. The breakfast room was clean, had white linen table cloths, and the morning help was very attentive to keeping the coffee dispenser full of good, hot coffee. Each room had a refrigerator with room for drinks, snacks, and left overs, also a microwave. A washer and dryer was available if needed, too. Back to the LU student, he was very helpful with restaurants, directions, getting me extra pillows, and towels. I wish I knew his name, I just know he's from NC. All in all don't expect the Ritz, but it was a great value for the price , and most importantly housekeeping seems to work hard to keep the place clean. I would definitely return if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family