“Nice Place to Stay”
Review of Hill City Inn

Hill City Inn
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My family spent several nights at the Travelodge in Lynchburg for a graduation. It was both comfortable and clean. The best thing about it was the people running it. They were so nice. I had my mom and dad with me, and they are both 70+ years old. I felt like the Travelodge bent over backwards to make them at home. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Ended up at this motel due to lack of planning ahead for Liberty University's opening weekend. I was impressed with the low price, but it is true that you get what you pay for. I was first accosted by a horrible smell in the lobby, then as I walked from my car to the room I actually felt unsafe. My biggest shock was to walk in the room and see matching garish baby blue teddy bear motif bedspreads (dirty), curtains and lampshades (their "Sleepy" mascot), along with pastel watercolor framed prints over the beds (the same print over each bed) and a southwestern motif wallpaper border on the walls. Obviously, their decorator needs some serious help! The room appeared relatively clean, but the floors felt grungy. My final surprise was when I attempted to check out at 6:45 am and discovered that the office was locked. I left the key back in my room and headed to the train station. Next time I will plan ahead and avoid this place. You should too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank coagnurse
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This place could have been a much better experience but for cleanliness issues... Sticky floors and dirty woodwork, and the overall stale smell on arrival made us wonder about the sanitary conditions though out our short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside if view is important...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UncleSkip
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel near the bike trails. This fit the bill. Nice pool, wireless, very basic breakfast, quiet room with minifridge.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank To-King
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed at this Travelodge for four times. I always have a pleasant stay all time. It has very clean rooms, comfortable beds,noise free rooms. It also has a reasonable price very friendly front desk staff. I highly recommended this place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy C
Travellers also viewed these Lynchburg hotels
1.0 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#20 of 23 in Lynchburg
6.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
0.2 km away
5.9 km away
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#10 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Hill City Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Hill City Inn

Address: 1500 Main Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504-1824 (Formerly Travel Inn Lynchburg)
Region: United States > Virginia > Lynchburg
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Price Range: ₹ 5,343 - ₹ 13,097 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Hill City Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hill City Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Lynchburg