All reviews tesla charging front desk hi express breakfast bar cross country trip gas station convenience store nice hotel stayed one night dairy queen rooms were very clean nice breakfast convenient location would definitely stay here again nice room first floor hie
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We had a suite with the weird layout that the other reviewer detailed. Yes, 2 club chairs would be better vs. a single chair for watching TV. No big deal. I sat on the bed. My husband used the chair. I often say that designers should live in their designs to see how it truly works. With enough complaints, I'm sure HIE will change the layout to provide more useful furniture. The lighting in the bathroom is great. Now, for the AWESOME. Reserved parking for PLATINUM ELITE MEMBERS. Very helpful to us since the spots were in a shady area and we had plants in the car. Wanda checked us in, and she is friendly, outgoing, and very engaging. She liked my stories about how I travel with my own tea mug, and how I love the Special K with red berries at HIE. The hotel is located about two miles from downtown Lexington. We had extra time, so we were able to visit the Miller's House Museum, VMI, and Washington & Lee University. There are nearby restaurants. There is an Applebee's in front of the hotel. We walked to Subway across the street. The breakfast was the usual HIE fare, and meets our needs. We'll be staying here again next year. Please give our regards to Wanda!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TomHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Michael B, Thank you for staying with us and providing the detailed review. It has been enlightening to get feedback on the suite design. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the elite member benefits. We appreciate your loyalty. Thank you also for the comments on our convenience to all that Lexington offers and most of all our team member Wanda. I will pass on your compliment. We look forward to serving you again when you return to our area. Tom Osella, General Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Very professional front desk. As usual.

We were there for three nights. We had a suite. Two queens. Kitchen.

The design of the suite was, uh, let's say, unusual, to be nice.

There was the kitchen, then a breakfast bar with a couple of chairs, then a large open area with nothing in it except a wall mounted desk and a nice wheeled chair for computer use. A good size open area. A TV mounted on the wall.

But no couch to sit on to watch the TV.

To watch the TV, I assume you lay in bed in the other room and look through the huge opening between the two rooms and twenty feet away is the TV on the wall.

Twenty feet???

Or I guess you could pull the two chairs away from the breakfast bar and sit out in the middle of the open area and watch TV.

A weird configuration either way.

It gets better.

This is a suite. Plenty of room.

It's got a single sink. Not two sinks as you might expect.

It had no place for my wife to sit down in the bathroom and put on her makeup. Unbelievable.

It gets better.

The toilet is jammed into the shower room. Or maybe it's: the shower is jammed into the toilet room.

Either way, the two are too close to each other and too close to their door.

Yet there's this vast unused area in the suite.

Why couldn't the architech get his wife involved in the design of the bathroom?

In a hotel, the bathroom is a very important room and should be large. Especially if there's wasted space available in the suite that could have been used in the bathroom.

In the late afternoon the internet slows to slower than dial-up and is essentially non-usuable.

When connecting to the internet, the SSID shows unsecure. I called the front desk and they swore it was secure. I asked them how could it be secure if the SSID said unsecure. They asked me to bring my laptop down and they'd show me. I did. So I logged into the unsecure login. Then it went to a Holiday Inn page that I had to agree to. Then the connection allegedly became secure. I say allegedly because they couldn't prove it was secure to my satisfaction.

Last thing. This Holiday Inn Express has only one elevator and at check in time, if the hotel is booked, it's totally inadequate. Seriously inadequate. Plenty of time to meet new people and make new friends while waiting for the elevator. One elevator? What were they thinking????

I really don't think we'll be staying here anymore. Especially with the other options nearby.

Was that really a Holiday Inn Express?

Oh, but they have Tesla charging stations.

Room tip: As usual, ask for a room away from vending, ice machines, and the elevator.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulQuillen
TomHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback following your stay with us. We are glad you were pleased with the service. I am sorry that you found some elements of the hotel design displeasing. Our recently renovated suites were configured according to the design required by our franchisor. We must follow their plan. I'm sorry that this did not meet your specific needs. I am also sorry that you had concerns with the internet service. We provide this secure service to our guests at or above the franchisor mandated speeds. The reason we give our guests passwords to access this is so they can log into the secure connection. It does say unsecured until one logs into the secure system with the password. Thank you also for pointing out the Tesla supercharging stations. Our guests as well as interstate travelers have appreciated this amenity. Again, I am sorry that our facility did not meet up to your specific needs and I understand that you may need to find another facility that is more suitable for you among the variety of lodging choices in Lexington. Tom Osella, General Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, I felt it was pricey. But it's a multi college town. Beautiful room, up to date. Night light in bathroom, which I love. Yellow duckie on tub. Great area. Applebee out front. Hotel Serves breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thanks for staying with us and for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed our new rooms and I hope you took your duck with you to remind you of your trip. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My husband just arrived home after staying here for almost a week on work-related business.. he stated that while the rooms/bed were quite nice/clean/comfy.. the offered breakfast was somewhat below part & the coffee tasted VERY old an bitter most mornings.. he said he might stay there again..

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S3779PIamym

Thanks for your review of your husband's stay. I'm glad his overall visit was enjoyable, however I'm sorry he didn't care for our breakfast selections or brand of coffee. I do hope he will visit us again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night at this pet friendly hotel. Check in was simple and the staff members were friendly. The room was large, the beds were very comfortable, and the room and bathroom were incredibly clean. The room we stayed in, #107, was very quiet. Pet fee was $25. Breakfast was ok.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TomHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. We are glad you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the staff service. We hope to serve you again next time you come through. Tom Osella, General Manager