“Nice but pricey”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Yankton, South Dakota
“Nice but pricey”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Rooms are nice and modern. Few amenities, no hot tub and prices are very high. Several nights were $139 but others were $189 during my stay. Asked for a 1pm checkout the last day but they couldn't confirm anything, fortunately they let me back in the room to shower before getting on a plane. Noise from hallway and other rooms can be disturbing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2012

After a long drive in the mountains, the hotel was a welcome site. It has a beautiful setting with an abundance of lawn backing up to a woods. Our dogs appreciated being able to stretch their legs without bothering other guests. The staff could not have been kinder to our pets. The suites were very clean and basic, but have everything you need.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor facing the road. It had a beautiful view of the distant mountains.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
DomSales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review. We are glad we were a welcome to you and your family (including your dog)! We try our best to welcome all our guests including pets. We are thrilled you enjoyed the third flood with the great view. The mountains are truly beautiful up there. We hope you will stop and see us again if you are ever in the area. Thank you again!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I traveled here for business. I had a long drive. The front desk staff was helpful. The room and facility is modern and clean. The room was spacious. That was about it. Sleep quality was poor. I could hear the neighbors snore all night. I heard all the noise in the hall. I had a tough time getting comfortable in the bed. The strong point for this hotel is the friendliness of the staff and how they keep the hotel The downside is the quality of sleep and the price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
DomSales, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you very much for letting us know how your stay was. I am very sorry that the rooms were not as quiet as you would have liked. We will look into way to make the rooms quieter and more pleasing to those lighter sleepers. I would like to thank you for also touching on our customer service. Our staff works hard to please our guests and we do enjoy hearing from our guests they are doing their jobs and making people feel at home. I hope you will give us another change when you are stopping back through Lexington. I am sure our staff would love to see you again as well as making sure the next stay is much better than the first.
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Two days ago I was searching for a hotel for my son to use during an upcoming visit to a local university in Lexington, VA. After being assured by the front desk agent on-site at the Holiday Inn Express that it was located close to the university and was a safe walk from the hotel to the university, I asked to book a two night stay. I was told that it was sold out for one of the nights and so I went online looking for another hotel. While doing so, I noticed that there was indeed space at the Holiday Inn Express and so I booked it quickly. The next day, I used google maps to look at the hotel in more detail and was shocked to see that it was not close to the school nor was it a safe walk. Lack of sidewalks, wooded area, etc. Noone would place their child in that situation in an unfamiliar area. This is a small town and taxi service is very limited, if at all. This is not what I had been told by the front desk clerk. I was misled and booked the hotel based on misleading information. I clearly told the clerk that my son had to be within safe walking distance to the downtown and university. They should tell people the truth. This is just dispicable. I cannot remember ever having a situation like this with a hotel. I tried to cancel online, but a notice popped up that I would have to pay for the first night regardless of whether my son stayed there or not. I called the hotel, and the front desk agent told me the same. I asked to speak with the manager and was told to call him the next day. I did and he was not available, so I asked that he, Tom, call me back. He did not. The same front desk clerk called and told me the same thing. So, I contacted "customer care", I need to put that in quotes, and was told the same information. I asked to speak with her supervisor at customer care, she repeated the same corporate line. I was also informed by this supervisor that she was the last person to appeal to. I didn't believe it so I kept pressing her for information about the next level of review at Holiday Inn. Finally, after much delay, she told me that I could contact Corporate Headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is unbelieveable. Every level of employee that I have spoken to so far does not seem to care that one of their own employees lied to me about the location of the hotel and the safety issues that I expressed to them. I would steer clear of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Unfair_12
Knoxville
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Business trip. I was impressed that the location was convenient to both I-64 & I-81. Also all of the beautiful attractions of the Shenandoah Valley are all very close by as well.
Staff was super friendly and just a nice clean hotel. Pool. Good breakfast bar.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
DomSales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will be able to come back and check out some more things the Shenandoah Valley has to offer. Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was and we hope to see you again soon!