“A Memorable Country Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Maple Hall Inn
Ranked #6 of 18 Lexington B&B and Inns
USA
“A Memorable Country Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

My only criticisms of this hotel are that there is no safe in the room and there is no Wi-Fi. I left my laptop and valuables on a table in my room and nothing was stolen. It is that kind of hotel. Quiet, secure, and with friendly service. The rooms I saw were spotless, and the furniture was Victorian-style but in excellent shape. The art work was Victorian, and there were ceramic logs in the in-room gas fireplace. The floor was shiny, random-width wood plank (probably the original), set off by attractive area rugs. US highway 11 was visible from my window but I never heard a sound from it. The continental breakfast was ample with yogurt, juice, cereal, milk, coffee, fruit, bagels, jams, and various rolls and sweet breads.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Upsilon6
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Glenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We had a reservation for two nights, and left after the first night. In spite of what their website says, there is NO resturant, and no lounge. The room in which we stayed had not been maintained well. There was pleanty of room, but it was just not functional. The A/C made noise all night sounding like a dish washer (my wife's description). My wife said that the room was not cleaned well enough. Security was lacking, since the front desk was vacant from 8 PM until the next morning about 7 AM.
Sorry, we'll not return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank JRWJR
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

In spite of the other negative reviews, I loved this place! Was only able to stay one night, but I want to go back soon and stay several nights. True, it's next to the noisy Route 81, but I pretended it was the roar of Civil War guns (I know, it's a stretch). Still my room was very charming with a big bed. Yes, the bath was small, but I didn't need anything large and fancy. I didn't care about having a remote for the TV - I was there to step back into the past, not watch TV. I did not eat any of the food, so I can't say whether it was good or not. The pool could have stood some cleaning, but I just sat on the side and dangled my feet in the water. What made up for any drawbacks were the beautiful rolling hills all around and other breathtaking scenery. The house seems to be in a state of arrested deterioration, but by no means is it a dump. Nor was it pristine perfect. But it was just right for me.

Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

It's true that what looks lovely on the web is a little deceiving - Maple Hall is right next to a freeway and a busy highway. However, once you're in your room, the noise isn't a problem - although it is disappointing not to be able to relax outside. The real problem I had with Maple Hall is that it needs a deep cleaning!! Linens and carpets are OK - but good grief, the breakfast chairs are full of cobwebs, the bathroom door looked like it had never been cleaned and the front porch - the entry way! - hadn't been swept or mopped for weeks!! Maple Hall feels like it is on its last legs. Wouldn't recommend it (although the care taker was quite pleasant and helpful.)

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank MickeySeattle
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2005

My husband and I reserved a room for one night at Maple Hall expecting a "grand" country inn, instead we found a dilapidated and noisy old home with very little charm. The hotel is right off interstate 81 and route 11, so it was very noisy all day and night. There is not much at all to the rooms, other than that they are quite large. The televisions have no remote, no cable. The bathrooms are very cramped even for 2 people. The grounds were unkempt. At the time we stayed, the room had bugs in it. When we complained to the staff and asked to be transferred to one of the more modern buildings, they refused an upgrade (despite the fact that we were the only guests in the hotel that night!). Unwilling to pay any more money at the facility, we hastily left early. This hotel is appropriate for history buffs who only require something "historic." The size of the building is impressive, but that's about it. If you are looking for a cozy, pampered B&B feel, look elsewhere. We truly regret having stayed here.

• Stayed April 2002