Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
Wingate by Wyndham Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
Best Western Lexington Inn(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 99
Sleep Inn & Suites(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 71
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$ 144
BestWestern.com
US$ 75
US$ 67
QualityInn
US$ 122
Country Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$ 136
HIExpress.com
US$ 169
US$ 68
US$ 63
Robert E Lee Hotel(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
All reviewssmall indoor poolcountry buffetbreakfast roomwafflesvirginia horse centersame raterubber ducknight lightwould stay againchecked in quicklyexpensive hotelfour nightsfree wifinice selectionsafari parkvery pleasant staywashington and lee university
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night recently while my daughter attended Homecoming at VMI. My 12 year-old son was excited about the opportunity to spend some time in their indoor pool, however the crowded weekend in conjunction with the extremely small pool made that dream a non-factor.
Our fourth floor room was small and the smell of stale cigarette smoke permeated the entire hallway. The day we checked out was greeted with a lack of hot water for the family to shower. At checkout the desk clerk informed me that maybe we were not technical enough to figure out which direction to entice the hot water to work!
Thought southern hospitality still was in vogue, apparently not for this Yankee.
Would not stay here again, especially at 'Big City' prices.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This hotel is in a well lit area. No odors in the lobby, hallway or room. There's a sign on the lobby counter indicating they're doing upgrades. While there's nothing wrong with the hotel or room I had, it could use some freshening up. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rm 118 ws fine.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas A
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at this Hotel for 1 night while on a bike tour. We were quite impressed with the overall cleanliness of the entire place. We had a king room with ample space and a moderately comfortable chair with ottoman. We didn't go in the pool however the area looked well maintained. The staff were friendly. The only downside was some construction ongoing when we arrived. We didn't hear it while in our room except in the morning at about 8:00 briefly. We were already up so not a problem for us. If you are on a bike trip this is just minutes away from the Blue Ridge Pkwy which is 469 miles of motorcycle bliss.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L84TOFF
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you for your kind words concerning your stay at the Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center in Lexington, VA.
We value all guest comments and use them to better our hotel and service standards.
I trust you will return to the Comfort Inn when visiting Historic Lexington in the future.

Gary Purvis
VP of Operations

Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night, in the middle of a long road trip. Room had 2 double beds and a decent bath & shower. Room doesnt look like it has been remodeled anytime soon, but the beds were clean and comfortable enough. I will warn you that the linen and towels have that chemical wash smell to them, which doesnt bother me as it tells me they are clean at least, but it may bother some people. This Hotel is pet friendly with a $25 up charge, and has smoking & non-smoking rooms. It has a small indoor pool we didnt use, and a decent enough restaurant in front of the hotel called "country cookin". The hotel is tucked aways off the main road, but the above restaurant is easy to find, and the hotel is right in back of it. Room also has a fridge and coffee pot, which we did not use either, and a safe that they will charge you a couple of bucks for if you use it. All in all, a decent 1 night stop in between destinations. 1 more thing, stop at a interstate rest area and grab the hotel coupon book, it saved me 30% off the room rate.

Room Tip: Hotel coupon book at rest areas saves money.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fireguyk24
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I was impressed by the surroundings as I pulled and the desk personnel added to that - while the young man checking me in was obviously new, it did not detract from the check in process - there were folks there to assist him and he was so pleasant. Truly southern hospitality! The room and hallways were lovely, beds very comfortable. Towels were wonderful as were the toiletries. Everything was clean and the grounds were well maintained. We were ther for the AKC Agility Nationals and staff was very friendly to the dogs too - even provided poop disposal bags if we needed them.
Due to early hours at the dog show, we could not partake in the breakfast so I can't comment on that. A fitness room might have added to the hotel!
Free wifi and great TV completed the picture!
I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Just ask! they are very accomodating!
  • Stayed: April 2011