“Horrible Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Telluride, Colorado
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was traveling when my plane was delayed. The airline made me a reservation here and I was very excited because it seemed to be a very nice hotel. Before arriving I went ahead and ordered food since I knew I would be arriving after the kitchens had closed. The server was very helpful and I was excited that everything was going so well.

When I arrived at the hotel however, this all changed. I went to check in and another person who was checking in ahead of me was having trouble getting her credit card to authorize since she hadn't been expecting this additional charge. I stepped in since I work as a front desk supervisor when the man behind the desk, Erin told her she would be unable to check in. After a few minutes I was able to convince him to lower the amount she needed to authorize since she would only be there for a few hours and most everything was closed.

At this point I went to check in and tried to explain I only had my debit card but I had used it to the limit for the day. Erin still tried to run it and was unable to. I told him the only thing I had on me was a twenty but he could use that to check me in. He told me he couldn't do that. I asked to speak to a manager since I had never heard of a policy where you couldn't take cash and just make it a no-post room so I can't charge anything. The other man at the desk, Talat told me he was the manager and proceeded to verbally berat me in front of other guests that just because I knew how my system worked didn't mean I knew how there's did (There are only 5 front desk systems used in the US, I know 4 of them and the other is used exclusively by a different company). He them ended my telling me the best he could do would be to lower the amount needed to check in and make it so I couldn't charge anything to my room. Well, thanks I wish I had thought of that.

Once I made it to the room it was very nice. The furniture was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The food I had ordered was delicious and I am very grateful to the kitchen for that.

The next morning I needed to catch the 6am shuttle to the airport. I was in the lobby at 5:55am and ready to go. At 6:10am another person waiting for the shuttle went to the front desk to ask about the hold up. He was told the driver hadn't yet arrived. Ten minutes later I went to speak to the front desk and was told quite abruptly that the driver still hadn't arrived and was then ignored when I tried to ask how they planned to remedy the situation since I did have a bit of a time crunch. Finally at 6:35 someone was ready to drive us and we ended up having to pack twice as many people into the shuttle since the people for the 6:30am shuttle had arrived.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank faye_whitaker
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear faye_whitaker
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Lansdowne with us. We truly appreciate hearing how we may improve to better serve our guests. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your check in process and the shuttle service. We have notified the proper management of your issues and concerns. We are pleased you enjoyed the rooms and the food service and hope to have you back for the “true Lansdowne experience”. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Marriottsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We were a group of 4 girls who stayed for the weekend. The hotel was very clean and staff overall was friendly. My only complaint was the Wi-fi didn't work well in the room so I had to go down to the lobby to check my email but that wasn't too bad. The spa was lovely and we all had a spa service done. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RAS12
Dear RAS12,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback of Lansdowne Resort. We are happy to know that we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon! Thank you for the recommendation.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I choose this 4 star hotel over upscape 3 stars (which are half the price) to get good service, a clean room and a restful night sleep.

The rooms are dated, but clean and nice.

The reason for the poor review, and I know this is not a situation that most travelers will normally encounter, but there was a fire alarm test starting at 8am, and my experience with the front desk staff is indicative service at the facility.

After working until 3:30 am, their central fire alarm system starting going off in my room at 8 am (4 1/2 hours sleep) non stop.

I called the front desk and they said they are running tests on the system. The front desk manager was nearly beligerent that it is not their problem I was woken up at 8am and did not even apologize for the situation.

I do not understand why they have to start tests at 8am vs. 12pm and why they have to sound the fire alarm in an occupied room as part of any test. Honestly, who schedules tests with a fire alarm at 8am in a resort where people come to relax.

I tried to go back to bed and it is now 9:07 and they are running the fire alarm again.

I travel a lot for business. This 4 star resort is one of the worst overnight experiences I have had.

I spoke with the GM and he offered a return voucher, but I don't know when I'll be back. The GM offered to cover breakfast, but that will give me back my unproductive day I will have after 4 hours sleep.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank OrlandoGreg34515
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear OrlandoGreg34515,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay. On behalf of the team, let me apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your time with us and for interrupting your sleep. We are vigilant in our maintenance of the resort especially when it comes to our guests’ safety. We found it necessary to conduct fire alarm testing to ensure our alarm system was functioning according to code. Please know that we have spoken to the Front Desk team so that they are better equipped to answer guests’ questions regarding testing being done on the property. Only through feedback from our guests can we ensure the best possible service experience. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Got a very reasonable groupon for the hotel, spa, and breakfast here. We had been here years before, and I remembered it was close to DC, but felt like a world away. It was a short ride, and there certainly is a lot more development in this area, but when you're at the hotel, and looking out back towards the golf driving range, you do feel far from civilization. Even though every fast food and big box store you can imagine is within a 5 minute drive.
The room was a decent size but dark. The pillows were very "smooshy" (I did not call housekeeping to ask for others though) and the bed seemed comfortable. Except every time my husband moved, the whole bed SHOOK. There was also loud music outside our room (317) and other rooms' doors' opening and closing were very loud. Voices in the hall kept waking us up. So not the best night's sleep. Maybe bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper!
On the other hand, the valet was helpful and gave us maps and restaurant suggestions. The front desk and bellman were also friendly. There was plenty of counter space in the bathroom and the shower was hot - but the pressure was not strong. We took advantage of the fitness room before having massages. The locker rooms in the spa are much nicer than those outside the fitness room. The massage therapist looked small but whoa - powerful hands, and great massage! The breakfast buffet was ok. The chairs have seen better days, and the pancakes were still raw in the center, but there were plenty of choices. Nothing over the top, but omelettes, waffles and pancakes to order; bacon and sausages and eggs; lots of fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and cereals. Service was good for the buffet (juice, coffee). I would definitely go again for a quick "night away"

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear nreyesok,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Our goal is to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. I have forwarded your comments about the pillows and bed to our Executive Housekeeper for his review. We truly appreciate your repeat patronage and were pleased that you had an overall great experience. We thank you for your feedback and hope to see you back again to enjoy our free Sounds of Summer concert series beginning in June.
Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Got shuttled here from the airport due to a missed flight and was pleasantly surprised for my quick 8hr stay. The bellhop was right on it as we were dropped off out front. It was a Friday night and glad check-in was easy and that food could be had in the bar till midnight. After a long frustrating day with the airline it was nice to retire to a very nicely decorated and comfortable room. The bathrobes were a plus as we only had our carryon luggage. Had no issues with the bathroom or water pressure, in fact it was spacious and well apportioned. The hotel desk even gave us toothbrushes as they knew we arrived with not much more then the clothes on are backs, compliments of the airlines. After a good night’s sleep the shuttle was right on time to meet us out front at 6:30am for the return ride back to the airport. I would have no problem returning again to this hotel and stay here for the nearby wineries in this area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear travelalloveragain,

I was happy to read that you felt so comfortable at Lansdowne Resort, it is our goal to make all of our guests feel at home. So glad you enjoyed the talents of our culinary staff and Guest Services. We hope to have you back at the resort to enjoy our free Friday night concert series, Sounds of Summer and enjoy our aquatic complex along with the local wineries. Many thanks for your thoughtful compliments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
6.5 km away
7.8 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
9.6 km away
Aloft Dulles Airport North

Been to Lansdowne Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK