“A Bit of History in Lawerenceville Virginia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lawrenceville
Brunswick Mineral Springs
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I was doing research for a book and came across this location for our travels in Virginia. It was, in a word, perfect. Nestled off the road and somewhat off the grid; Brunswick Mineral Springs Bed and Breakfast more than met our expectations. David Spears was an excellent and friendly host and the rooms in this quaint location were comfortable and tastefully done. The history that surrounds this place goes all the way back to the late 1700's and there are some headstones on the grounds to prove it. The breakfast was outstanding and I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKJonesindy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Our family traveled to Rawlings, VA to fulfill our daughter's requirement to do her open water dives for her certification. Because we were bringing along our Yorkie, we required pet-friendly accommodations. It turns out Brunswick Mineral Springs allowed pets in their guest house (Sammie's house) and it was perfect for our needs. The grounds and house are historic dating back to the Colonial days. Driving through the entrance and approaching the main house, many mature oak trees dot the property giving the property a feel of colonial era grandeur. Even though our time was very short, David was very accommodating, allowing us to check-in early. The guest house was very clean and comfortable and well taken care of.

David had breakfast ready to go early in the main house. Servings were very generous and well prepared, omelets, pancakes, potatoes, coffee and juice. You will not go away hungry! My wife and I enjoyed talking to David over breakfast, he has a cheerful, friendly way about him and will definitely make you feel at home. Our only regret was that we didn't have more time to tour the house and grounds in more detail. We will definitely want to comes back though!

Room Tip: Sammie's house has a pet allowance which served us well.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicholas S
Reviewed 30 August 2016

My wife and I stayed here as part of my diving day at Lake Phoenix. See my review here:

We arrived and settled in Sammie's cabin before heading out dinner and Pino's in Lawrencville. We slept comfortably and awoke to a wonderful breakfast in the kitchen in the big house. Dave made some amazing banana pancakes and the fresh fruit were so ripe and sweet. Absolutely delicious.

I went off to do my diving and my Wife stayed behind to rest, read, and relax. Exactly what she had in mind. The hammocks and comfy chairs, along with the butterflies and humming birds, were as welcoming as they could be.

After my dive, I returned and cleaned up prior to going to The Bank by Kahills in Emporia. After another restful night, we enjoyed Dave's apple cinnamon pancakes with scrambled eggs and sausage. Yum!

We then had the full tour of the big house. Utterly amazing! Just wonderful.

After checking out we went to Williamsburg via the free ferry at Scotland. Don't miss it along with Jamestown.

I look forward to our return to The Brunswick Mineral Springs B&B to enjoy the hospitality of Dave and Billie.

Room Tip: Sammie's cabin is closest to the pool, more private.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smrtcar
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Four of us stayed in the main house for two nights. The main house makes me think "grandma's house". We had a great stay! Breakfast was delicious! We used the jacuzzi and the play/hangout area. Its a very relaxing b&b and the owner was very nice and sweet. Prices for the rooms were good. The house was clean, we were able to come and go as we pleased, and they were very accommodating for our dog. The owner let us explore the property. There are some trails behind the main entrance that we did not get to explore, but it was great to know we had the possibility to use them. The place is about a 20min drive to Lake Gaston, which was great. Over all, we loved staying here and we are making plans to come back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank so10fia
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for our wedding night. My husband had picked it out as a surprise. It was fabulous!! Beautiful house and grounds and a very lovely couple that made us feeling like friends. We had a dinner and a bottle of champagne that evening. It was a very special evening.

I am so glad that it isn't that far from our home in NC. We can return for another visit very soon.

I highly recommend this b&b if you are in the area. The accommodations were fabulous and the food was delicious and generous. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Been to Brunswick Mineral Springs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK