“Pet friendly and people friendly accomodations, convenient to scuba divers going to Lake Rawlings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lawrenceville
Brunswick Mineral Springs
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Our family traveled to Rawlings, VA to fulfill our daughter's requirement to do her open water dives for her certification. Because we were bringing along our Yorkie, we required pet-friendly accommodations. It turns out Brunswick Mineral Springs allowed pets in their guest house (Sammie's house) and it was perfect for our needs. The grounds and house are historic dating back to the Colonial days. Driving through the entrance and approaching the main house, many mature oak trees dot the property giving the property a feel of colonial era grandeur. Even though our time was very short, David was very accommodating, allowing us to check-in early. The guest house was very clean and comfortable and well taken care of.

David had breakfast ready to go early in the main house. Servings were very generous and well prepared, omelets, pancakes, potatoes, coffee and juice. You will not go away hungry! My wife and I enjoyed talking to David over breakfast, he has a cheerful, friendly way about him and will definitely make you feel at home. Our only regret was that we didn't have more time to tour the house and grounds in more detail. We will definitely want to comes back though!

Room Tip: Sammie's house has a pet allowance which served us well.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicholas S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

My wife and I stayed here as part of my diving day at Lake Phoenix. See my review here:

We arrived and settled in Sammie's cabin before heading out dinner and Pino's in Lawrencville. We slept comfortably and awoke to a wonderful breakfast in the kitchen in the big house. Dave made some amazing banana pancakes and the fresh fruit were so ripe and sweet. Absolutely delicious.

I went off to do my diving and my Wife stayed behind to rest, read, and relax. Exactly what she had in mind. The hammocks and comfy chairs, along with the butterflies and humming birds, were as welcoming as they could be.

After my dive, I returned and cleaned up prior to going to The Bank by Kahills in Emporia. After another restful night, we enjoyed Dave's apple cinnamon pancakes with scrambled eggs and sausage. Yum!

We then had the full tour of the big house. Utterly amazing! Just wonderful.

After checking out we went to Williamsburg via the free ferry at Scotland. Don't miss it along with Jamestown.

I look forward to our return to The Brunswick Mineral Springs B&B to enjoy the hospitality of Dave and Billie.

Room Tip: Sammie's cabin is closest to the pool, more private.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smrtcar
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Four of us stayed in the main house for two nights. The main house makes me think "grandma's house". We had a great stay! Breakfast was delicious! We used the jacuzzi and the play/hangout area. Its a very relaxing b&b and the owner was very nice and sweet. Prices for the rooms were good. The house was clean, we were able to come and go as we pleased, and they were very accommodating for our dog. The owner let us explore the property. There are some trails behind the main entrance that we did not get to explore, but it was great to know we had the possibility to use them. The place is about a 20min drive to Lake Gaston, which was great. Over all, we loved staying here and we are making plans to come back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank so10fia
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for our wedding night. My husband had picked it out as a surprise. It was fabulous!! Beautiful house and grounds and a very lovely couple that made us feeling like friends. We had a dinner and a bottle of champagne that evening. It was a very special evening.

I am so glad that it isn't that far from our home in NC. We can return for another visit very soon.

I highly recommend this b&b if you are in the area. The accommodations were fabulous and the food was delicious and generous. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2015

This was the second time my husband and I visited the inn and we couldn't be more pleased with both experiences. The location of the inn is close to Lake Phoenix Scuba Park in Rawlings, VA where we were practicing our scuba skills in preps for a trip in October. The innkeeper, Dave, could not have been more accommodating to us. The first time we stayed (about 10 years ago), we stayed in a little cabin right next to the inn that had a bedroom and private bath. This time we stayed in a larger cabin (also close to the actual inn) that was totally handicap accessible, had a living room, kitchenette (everything but a stove), and separate bedroom and bathroom. It was a wonderful "little" cabin with all the amenities one could want, as well as spotless. It was an excellent place to rest and relax after our dives. Dave also encouraged us to use the pavilion on the property (also close by) to rinse our gear and hang it to dry. It was so convenient! We also had access to the indoor pool and hot tub which were located just behind our cabin. We included breakfast in our stay and Dave cooked a breakfast big enough for a group of at least 6 and it was just me and my husband. Blueberry and banana pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, not to mention fruit and yogurt to start. This inn is a wonderful place to stay if you are visiting Lake Phoenix and not into camping there, this is a much more luxurious alternative. The grounds are gorgeous and it is a very private place to spend your time away from the real world. My husband and I highly recommend the BMS B&B

Room Tip: Sammie's cabin has everything a traveler could want (and more)!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Been to Brunswick Mineral Springs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK