“virginawinetour.com”

Burke, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“virginawinetour.com”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I had the most horrible experience with vawinetour.com. Alarm bells should have gone off when they would only communicate with me through email. The company never answers their phone and their voicemail is full. Although the website claims they are knowledgeable about the area and the wineries I had to do all the leg work for my tours. The driver showed up 30 min late (almost missed our first wine tour) the company sent the wrong vehicle that didn't accomodate the size of our group several of us had to sit on the floor), the air conditioning didn't work (in the heat of June) and I was overcharged. Three weeks after the event I was able to contact a manager via email and all they offered me was $100 coupon towards my next winetour with them. You couldn't pay me to go through this company ever again!!!

20 Thank snapdragon1262
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Arlington, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Horrible - This company scams you”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I went on their wine tours last weekend. First, the limo showed up two hours late. Then all the wineries we went to, no one knew we were coming. Virginia Wine Tours had not prepaid for all of our tastings like they said. This comany is a scam. The do not provide good services and make your time at all the wineries more stressful than enjoyable. I would reccommend using Reston Limosine for private tours, or the Boomerang Bus if you want to do a public wine tour. They are both professionally run, unlike Virigina Wine Tours.

If they had negative stars, I would give them 5 negative stars.

18 Thank hjesness
Washington, DC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Worst company - unprofessional - never showed up”
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My husband planned a surprise wine trip to VA wine country for my 33rd birthday with 15 friends. After weeks of coordinating via email (they don't have a phone number), they failed to show up on the day of and failed to even call. The bus allegedly broke down and they didn't have another to replace. We found this out by getting an email 30 mintues after the tour was supposed to leave - no call. After promising to have a bus there in 30 minutes, and promising to call in 5 to confirm, we never heard from them for another 1 hour. We had to call them at their dispatch unit and the women stopped taking my husbands calls, and we got through using a different number. We canceled the tour and went on our own, but what a disaster. We had 15 people waiting, large coolers ready to go, and the company just failed to call us.

20 Thank Sagetraveler17
Long Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The most horrible wine tour ever”
Reviewed 29 July 2008

DO NOT take this wine tour or give this company a dollar. They do not know how to run a business and charge hundreds of dollars to drive you around to wineries that aren't even open. They do not call customers back, and lie about what wineries are actually available to visit. Please don't waste your money or ruin a special occasion.

22 Thank mrsg23