This place is absolutely beautiful. Everything is mostly old-fashioned, but in a good way. We stayed there for a couple of days over Memorial Day weekend. Got a great deal at the capitoldeal.com.
The service was excellent throughout the stay. Checking in was a breeze and we were given a nice clean room. There are a lot of things to do here, so make sure you check the activity schedule for the time you are there. The resort IMO doesn't have a good mix of restaurants. Most places server only American fare, so you may get bored of that soon. There is a cafe on property from where you can buy water/fruits/quick meals etc. For good drinks, we thought the lobby bar was better than President's lounge. The breakfast at the main dining room was amazing! definitely do breakfast if not dinner. Another fun thing is the 'afternoon tea' - every day at 3 pm they server tea and light snacks in the lobby. We loved it!
Activity wise, we took a soak in the Jefferson Pools - hot water. It was awesome and its a must do. We also did the horseback ride. My wife was scared at first, but the people there took good care and the horses were very well behaved for the ride. There is a nice outdoor pool also on property with a separate section for kids. Can also get drinks at the pool. The indoor pool also looked great.
Overall, the place was not a big hit immediately, but it grew on us very quickly. Definitely recommend it for a relaxing getaway for couples or the whole family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs