All reviews eggs room was clean bread products better option microwave and fridge decent place to stay busy weekend would stay here again biscuits short stay only stayed one night priced hotel no elevator great shower yogurt parking lot long trip
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This is the kind of place where you drive up and park by your door which I like because it makes loading easy. However it has the same drawbacks as all drive in rooms do: The in-window air-conditioning always sucks. It comes on, it goes off, repeat all night long. The bed was OK but the pillows were made for little tiny people. I don’t know why pillows are made this small. The carpet seemed new and the curtains closed completely so I was able to make the room dark in order to sleep. I was there for four nights and on the last night The fire alarm in the room begin beeping and beeping all night long. I realize this could happen anywhere. I took it off the wall and brought it to the front desk and dropped it off and complained. Someone brought it back and reinstalled it and it was still beeping. Yes of course this made me angry So I went again to the front desk to complain where a mealymouthed front desk person told me they were out of batteries. I checked out and don’t know if I’ll ever go back though I visit Hillsville once every summer. I really don’t ask a whole lot of a room except that I not be disturbed during the night. Epic failure.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice staff, but my first “non-smoking” room smelled like a combination of cigarettes and garbage. Truly awful. The second room I was given was better, but still smelled of stale cigarettes and was not the cleanest. I’d try another place if just passing through.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2018

This was my second time staying here. The front desk person was awesome, the room was as requested, it was clean, neat, well stocked, quiet and most restful! The breakfast was EXCEPTIONAL, hot, fresh, tasty, well stocked and offered in a most clean and neat setting!

Room Tip: OIn my opinion, you can't miss!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We stayed here one night while driving the Blue Ridge Parkway. Hillsville was convenient to the Parkway and the Quality Inn was easy to find. This place is more motel than hotel with doors opening onto the parking lot rather than onto and inside hallway. It is an older motel and it is a bit outdated but that didn't affect anything that mattered and the place seems to be cared for. Our room, while not new, was clean and comfortable. For the price I doubt you will find a better option. People attending a mini car convention were staying here and the parking lot was filled with little cars being driven in or unloaded off of trailers so it was a bit noisy but everyone settled down after 9 PM. We ate next door at a Shoney's buffet which was convenient to walk to. The desk worker was very nice and helpful answering questions. If you are going to be fussy and demand that everything be new and shiny then you should look for a pricier option. But if you are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep the Quality Inn in Hillsville works just fine.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018

On a recent trip from Florida to Ohio we were at a stopping point around Hillsville, we travel with a small furry family member so our selection of hotels that are pet friendly is somewhat limited. We do not mind paying a pet fee however we expect to get a clean room. After looking at the reviews of the “pet friendly” rooms in Hillsville area this hotel had a TripAdvisor 4 buttons out of 5 so we thought we would give it a try.
THE GOOD
The location, the price, the staff was very friendly and the beds were fairly confortable, they had a big bowl of fresh apples and bananas to help your self o
THE BAD
The floor was very dirty so I assume the rest of the room had the same lack of care. There is only a small green area of only about 20’ X 20’ to “walk” the dogs, the rest of the area is either a hill side or paved.
Did not stay for breakfast so I cannot comment on the breakfast.
I do not plan to stop here again and I would advise you to look elsewhere as well.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank mike h