“Friends Loved, I Threw Up”

Thai Luang Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 250 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We went with a group of five people. Two absolutely cleaned their plates when ordering the ginger chicken dish and cashew vegetable plate. They loved the dishes so much the plates were shiny. Another hot drunken noodles with American hot. The sauce was amazing but they was too much drunken on the plate, he said. But! He thoroughly enjoyed his plate. The last two dishes were lackluster because the shrimp fried rice was pretty bad. The rice was amazing, don’t get me wrong, but the shrimp tasted like a rubber band. Lastly, my own dish was a pad thai wen soon?? Not sure about the exact name. But, it was rice noodles with bean sprouts and peanuts with an added protein. I added crabmeat, which was my first mistake. It was definitely imitation crab, which is fine because that’s what I expected. The rice noodles were really good honestly. But after leaving the eatery, I got violently sick and threw up out of the side of the car. All I can think of is spoiled crab or maybe it just didn’t suit my stomach.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This is my go to place for Thai basil duck - ask for extra crispy!

This place is a hidden gem and has been around due to its loyal customers.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Recommended by a friend who loves Thai food, this place was excellent. First, most dishes can be ordered with at least 4 spice levels to please any palate. Level 2, medium hot was just right and a bit hotter than most other mediums at other places. The green papaya salad was very authentic and tasty. Same for the Thai dumplings. We next had the crispy duck (speciality of the house) and drunken noodles. Both were outstanding and generous portions too. Leftovers for lunch next day! A bit hard to find the parking lot entrance but well worth the effort. Will be back on our next visit for sure.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We dine at Thai Luang fairly regularly. Both lunch and dinner menus have a bariety of tastes from curries to traditional Thai tastes, from mild to “oh my goodness” for the adventurous. My fav is crispy chicken & basil - “american hot”.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

As they claim, their duck is pretty good, but only for dine-in. It’s texture spoils during the time it takes for delivery or pickup. The pad Thai is very good, so are the drunken noodles. Prices are decent. Staff is very friendly.