“Awesome omlet”

Jimmy Madison's
Ranked #10 of 293 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped for lunch and my wife got the Caprese Omelet...it was huge and tasted incredible. I had the brisket sandwich, small and not very flavorful, the side of brussel sprouts was great. Will be back again to try other dishes. Fast, friendly service, clean fun atmosphere.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I am a frequent guest of Jimmy Madison's and cannot say I've been disappointed with a meal. While the menu doesn't have a large variety, they have some specialty orders that hit the mark. Order the brussel sprouts!! I'm not a brussel sprout person, but these are worth it. They are baked and glazed with sugar and bacon, and it's heaven!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018

We have had enjoyable experiences, once at night and once for lunch. The burgers have been on par and the chicken and waffle sandwich was a nice change. The sweet potato fries are amazing and the atmosphere is nice.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed a great dinner on the rooftop patio after summer springboard at JMU. Service was friendly! Southern hospitality. Lots of parking close by.

We started with the fried pickles that were great. My french 75 cocktail was perfect. Would like to see more choices for wine. It’s a whiskey bar though so I’m assuming that’s their speciality. My brisket was flavorful but did not arrive hot enough. Sides were the same- flavorful but seemed reheated and not enough. Hopefully they will improve that for next visit! I’m assuming since school is out this is their off season.
Cool decor inside and lots of choices on the menu. Will visit again!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had dinner here one night in early June. It is located in the downtown area, and their parking lot was full. I had trouble parallel parking on the narrow streets, and we parked in a near by parking garage. Short 1-2 block to restaurant.

They were not too busy, and we were seated immediately upstairs. The interior is somewhat unique in the the upstairs tables "look down upon" the first flood tables.

Food was good - service was good but it seemed to take a long time to get drinks - would eat here again.

Date of visit: June 2018