“Nothing in the buffet looked appetizing”
Review of Hungry Farmer Cafe

Hungry Farmer Cafe
Ranked #114 of 283 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I confess that I cannot rate how any of the food tastes here, because after looking at the buffet, I left to find someplace else to eat. The fried food looked greasy, the mac and cheese looked dried out, and nothing looked particularly good. Although it was around noon on a Saturday, and there were plenty of people shopping, the cafe was empty. I guess many people opt to eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Their cheeseburger was $8 and not all that big but it was hot. There are Saturday Buffet look like it have been sitting out there since Friday and I would recommend avoiding it

Reviewed 6 March 2017

My husband and I found ourselves hungry while browsing the shops and decided to give the buffet a try after taking a look. Everything I tried was delicious. The BBQ chicken, sweet potato casserole, and apples were a high point. The only problem was when another patron dropped a spoon in a dish and I had to fish it out. I reached for a towel to clean the handle and found quite a mess underneath. The particle board counter appeared to be eaten by termites and it was hidden with the towel. They really need to get this fixed.

1  Thank LaGringa53
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We stopped to have lunch and thought this cute little cafe would work. The Reuben was perfect. The mean selection was just right. They were out of onion rings at the time, but offered us fries and they were equally as good. The Po Boy shrimp sandwich was good too. There were so many good items on the list it was hard to pick just one.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

They specialize in mainly sandwiches and wraps. $8.00 and up is pricy but it's convenient while you're here. The bacon cheddar fries were good. Decent food but a little expensive.