“No. Never enough wait staff”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #18 of 282 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Tried it 3 times. Never again. Always a long wait and not because so many people but because tables are allowed to sit dirty for a long time. Food is ok but not to brag about. Drinks are weak.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

My last visit was not that great yet tonight they were back on track as one of my favorites. It is so hard to write a good review when they are as busy as they were tonight. Yes we waited, but that was because they were slammed. We had Ribeyes and the taste was amazing. The buttered corn was awesome as well. Restroom was cleaner than my last visit and considering the volume of traffic; it was pretty good. I think our server was named Megan and she was kind, sweet, and way more attentive than the server we had the last time. All was good except for one thing...the last time the mashed potatoes were just nasty, tonight I had a baked potato and my other guest had mashed potatoes. She did not hardly touch hers; it may have had nothing to do with taste...but my baked potato was downright old, cold and otherwise not good. Love this place, love the steaks; but get someone that can appease us Irish! MAKE FRESH POTATOES!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Our server was great, food was average. We had fresh drinks brought to us. Our server kept checking on us to be sure we didn't need anything.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I have previously reviewed this place as consistent. I have always loved eating here but the last two visits have been lacking. My steak was tasty yet more fat than usual. The mashed potatoes seemed to have been severe leftovers that were reheated and not even stirred as both myself and my daughter noticed a huge mass in the bottom of the tiny dishes. My server was pleasant yet failed me when it came time to pay my bill. I had a remaining balance on a gift card and he said it was zero. I had already provided another means of payment for the remaining balance and he used that for the whole bill. Fine...yet I explained I knew there was a balance on the gift card. He left and supposedly checked again only to return with the same story. Zero Balance. (Upon returning home; I called to check and there was indeed a balance of over $20 still on the gift card. I even called customer service and they too confirmed that there was a balance of over $20 on the gift card). Now for the really nasty part...the men's restroom! CLEAN IT! I will not say what I saw in there on this site; but let us just say that it would make anyone lose their appetite. They had only been open for an hour or so before my visit, there is no way that this happened in that short amount of time. Lastly, just because I come in there with my young daughter; it does not mean I do not tip well and want to be sit in the back corner away from all of the entertainment. Part of the reason I patronize this place is atmosphere. I did request to be seated closer to the center and they did accommodate that request. I will give it another go; everyone has 'off' days...but this is two in a row at my former favorite restaurant. Please pull it back together.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This is our "go to" restaurant for all major family events; birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The service is always outstanding and the food is great.