All reviews fire pit full kitchen two bedroom suite social hour basketball court stayed longer pet policy home away from home rooms are spacious hotel is great indoor pool breakfast staff sitting area hot tub shenandoah national park exercise room free breakfast
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Jessica & Patricia were so helpful when I had a special car parking request and was not a hotel guest! Both readily assured me that my request was easily accommodated. They exemplify excellent customer service and Marriott is lucky to have them. Having spent a few hours in the hotel lobby, I was able to observe Jessica’s interactions with clients. She greeted people by name, smiled and had a very pleasant voice and manner.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Brian G, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear driversue,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our team took care of your needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us when in need of accommodations in Harrisonburg!

Regards,

Brian, General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We stayed here one night after driving a chunk of Skyline Drive. We'd never visited Harrisonburg before, but based on this experience we would definitely return to the area and stay at the Residence Inn.

The property is clean and bright. I always appreciate the extra seating areas in their rooms. A huge thank you to the housekeeping staff who found a pair of earrings I left in the room and got them back to me!! The desk staff gave us a recommendation for a great local restaurant for a 40th anniversary dinner. Overall, it was a great experience

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

You expect more when you pay more and you get it here. Staff is great, breakfast is very good, rooms are nice and big. Great bed. Easy to get to off of 81. Harrisonburg is a great city located at a good spot to explore the Shenandoah Valley. This is my second stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016

This hotel is hands down one of the nicest I have stayed at. The staff is awesome and the food is great. Unfortunately their internet is horribly slow. They even have the option to buy upgraded internet for 4.95 a day. I speed tested before and after and there was no change in the speed. Since I have to have decent internet speeds while on the road for work I can only give this hotel 3 stars.

That being said. If you are traveling for work and depend on the internet like I do. Do not stay at this hotel. You will only end up with frustration.

If any of the staff read this review I highly suggest you put a password on your internet so Joe Shmoe sitting in your parking lot cant ride your internet. Another word of advice is to ditch those smart TV's that have the option to stream netflix.

Internet is a must these days for the traveling professional and having an internet connection that times out while people are trying to do work is not good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Brian G, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear StayedForBusiness,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and can completely understand your frustration with the internet speed you encountered during your stay if our systems were not working properly. Our internet service is set up in two tiers; basic service for the everyday users looking to browse the web which does have a bandwidth cap and our upgraded service for $4.95 per day (or complimentary for Marriott Rewards Members) that has a increased bandwidth cap for those who need the extra bandwidth during their stay. I am forwarding your comments to our internet provider to ensure our systems are working properly and should have any issues resolved in 24 hours or less. As we are a business hotel it is important for us to receive feedback such as yours to ensure our hotel meets the needs of our guests. Thank you again for your comments.

Regards,

Brian Gearhart

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Our reason for visiting here wasn't the happiest since it was for a funeral. It was very convenient to all of the places we needed to be. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were the most helpful, compassionate people I have met in a long time. One of the girls at the desk even took the time to make beautiful cards for my sister and I. Very thoughtful and above and beyond. At such a sad time for us they even supplied us with little mesh begs of Hershey kisses. I will be returning there this week for a much happier time.

Date of stay: October 2015