“Rocktown Rocks ”
Review of Rocktown Kitchen

Rocktown Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 293 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Chose this eatery because it was located near our Hotel and the menu indicated it offered gluten free options and received favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. I double checked with Addie on the phone before arriving.

When we arrived, we were given a friendly greeting by Addie and our server had already been apprised of our food allergy. The restaurant and full bar is located in a refurbished Ice House and has a hip atmosphere with a pulse. We could not have been happier with our choice of place to eat (and drink!). We started with the mozzarella burrata on GF bread which was delicious. My celiac daughter ordered the wild mushroom and sweet vermouth linguini with rice noodles substituted, and she was ecstatic. My husband and I had the dill mustard salmon, prepared perfectly and my other daughter enjoyed her black bean burger. We managed to save room for dessert — including the yummy creme brûlée. Dinner at Rocktown was a home run.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I attended a birthday party brunch. The food and drinks were delicious and the service was superior. I would recommend this restaurant to others. I really liked the sweet potato pancakes. I need to learn to make them myself.

Date of visit: October 2018
Mira K, Manager at Rocktown Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you so much for your review!
Birthday Party was Awesome and so fun to serve! We really loved taking care of you and your fantastic group!

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is a beautiful building which is an old remodeled Ice House. The food was simply delicious, I recommend the special Rockport fish over rice noodles with bolognese sauce artichokes and olives.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you so much for your review, it was our pleasure serving you!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Rocktown kitchen was one of few places taking reservations during JMU family weekend. Friendly on the phone and in person. Great service throughout. Started with drinks, speciality choices and good wine selection. We didn’t do appetizers but saw some nice choices including some southern traditions like fried green tomatoes. We were told due to parents weekend it was a bit of a limited menu, but all five of us were please with various choices. Quick service. Generous servings with all our choices which included meatloaf, salmon, chicken risotto and crab cakes. We did not do dessert. Would highly recommend and definitely return.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you so much for choosing Rocktown Kitchen for your family weekend at JMU! It means a lot to us, we were happy to serve you and your family!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I needed to find a place for a family of five with restricted diets to have lunch on Saturday while visiting JMU. We had been to Rocktown Kitchen last year during parent's weekend for dinner and had great food but slow service due to the large number of people. Since the food was so good and this was lunch, we went for visit number two. They were not very busy so we were immediately seated and greeted by our server. Both of our folks with restricted diets quickly found something they could order. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and we had a great lunch.

Date of visit: September 2018
Mira K, Manager at Rocktown Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you so much for your review!
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at RK!