“Can’t Wait to Go Back Again!”
Review of Rocktown Kitchen

Rocktown Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 282 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I received a gift certificate to RK for Christmas, so my husband and I decided to try it (for the first time) for lunch on a cold Sunday after church. RK appears to be a farm-to-table restaurant and has an eclectic feel being located in an old, renovated ice house.

Our waitress was attentive and took our drink order promptly. I ordered the fried chicken sandwich and my husband had the Chesapeake Benedict. Our food arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

I can’t say enough about my sandwich. The chicken was not only extremely tasty, but moist as well. It arrived on a roll with jalapeño mayo, (which was really good and not spicy—just a little kick!) The sandwich also had a few spinach leaves and tomato slices. It was amazing! I am pretty sure I will order it the next time I go to RK!

My husband, the Marylander, enjoyed his meal also. The crab cakes were tender and without a lot of filler, in addition to the egg and sauce, the Benedict also had Canadian bacon on it.

We were pleasantly surprised and will be back again. The only suggestion I will make is for the restaurant to carry a black tea, such as English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast. The only black tea RK had was Earl Grey.

Kristo P, Manager at Rocktown Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words!
I will have Black Tea tomorrow :-)))
Best,
Mira

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Each time I visit I get the waffles and chicken. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable. Nice place to enjoy some good food with reasonable prices. Good selection of wine. Must try!

1  Thank Melody B
Kristo P, Manager at Rocktown Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a lot of atmosphere taking up residence in an old ice house. I just love old warehouses put to a new use, particularly restaurants. The food was good. I had the snapper special and it was tasty. For desert, we tried the sticky toffee cake. It was not exactly what I expected-cake with a caramel/toffee syrup rather than toffee bits, but it disappeared nonetheless. Service was good as well.

Kristo P, Manager at Rocktown Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Well done rehabbed building, quick enough service (though they were hard to flag down), food was fine, if bland and unmemorable.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We were with a group of 20 for lunch following a graduation ceremony at James Madison University for a family member. I had the Fried Green Tomatoes for an appetizer followed by the Pulled Pork BBQ Sliders. Both were excellent and the service was superb.

Thank you for your kind words!