“"I'm impressed!"”

Ranked #12 of 360 Restaurants in Hampton
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 11
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Serving lunch six days a week, Sunday Brunch and dinner Tuesday - Friday. We feature local cuisine and have been open 34 years!
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

"I'm impressed!" That's what my foodie friend kept saying as she enjoyed her Brunswick stew and house salad. The salad was gorgeous with generous portions of baby greens, tomatoes, red onion, craisins, candied pecans, and feta. She liked the Brunswick stew overall, though she noted it wasn't as thick as she had hoped, and the chicken was ground instead of pulled.
I had the BLT salad: baby greens, tomato, avocado, bacon, and shredded cheese. The lemon basil dressing was bright and tasty, and served on the side so I could drizzle or dip as I liked.

Dana E, Owner at Grey Goose, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thanks so much for you nice review, hope to see you girls again soon! We serve dinner and Sunday brunch too

Reviewed 8 October 2017

First time there. Went with my daughter who had raved about it. Shrimp and Grits were out of this world, best I have had in this area. Eggs tasted like real eggs, not the pretend kind you get all the time. Potatoes were big and tasty. Topped off by a large cinnamon bun from their onsite bakery. Will definitely go back. Also their dinner menu looked good so that's next.

Dana E, Owner at Grey Goose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thanks so much for joining us for brunch! We are glad you enjoyed everything see you soon for dinner!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Like other reviewers, after spending several hours at the Air & Space Museum, we looked for a place to have a sit down lunch. We love supporting local eateries! I think the best thing we encountered in the restaurant was our waitress! She was so nice and welcoming. We ordered lunch and was so disappointed when it came out. I ordered broccoli quiche that came with a house salad. The quiche and salad were served on the same plate which I've never had before and hate. I can't stand putting salad dressing on a salad that's gonna mix in with the main meal. The size of the square piece of quiche was a joke. Good thing I ordered that and not my husband! It was so small for $9 and also tasted very bland. Like I said, nothing special.

Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

We are sorry that you don't like your food items to touch each other. If this is something you hate when eating out, we suggest you inquiry how food is served in advance so we can avoided the problem. Surely this isn't something we could have avoided or known about.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Fun times. We went for the theater thing they do. It is mostly local Hampton folks. Great fod, good service. This is not a destination. It is a great local Hampton Va place. Extremely good chefs here,.

Management response:Responded 18 September 2017

Thanks so much for your kinds words of encouragement! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The Brunswick stew is every bit as good as people say. This location is very convenient next to the Hampton History Museum and there is outdoor dining. We had brunch, but will try to come back for trivia night. The owners were there and very friendly. Our server took great care of us. There were several things I wanted to try on the menu, so we'll definitely return.

Management response:Responded 18 September 2017

Thanks so much! This is exactly what we want to hear! See you soon :-)

Been to Grey Goose? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK