“Good BBQ”

Bubba N Franks Smokehouse
Ranked #25 of 373 Restaurants in Hampton
Reviewed 19 June 2018

No frills, but good BBQ. I've had multiple entrees, all have been good. Come early, seating goes quickly.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Great chopped pork plate. Ordered delivery while at Capstan Brewery... got no utensils and no offer for sauce. Didn’t realize it til the driver was long gone. The pork does have good flavor without extra sauce but I like my fries with some ketchup! Called to inquire and they said you have to ask for it, so lesson learned the hard way... also the driver didn’t even know the total, there was no receipt, and they only accept cash which no one told us. I’ve worked in the food industry for many years and this was not how to do it. Very weird service, great food!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

You typically don't expect much out of a small BBQ place in a tiny strip mall in Hampton, VA. However, Bubba N Franks will change your mind. When you walk in it is tastefully (not over the top) decorated to show the country/BBQ theme. The restaurant is clean and no bad odor (which I always notice). The menu is reasonable which, for me, means that they have enough to satisfy most pallets but it sticks with the BBQ theme and isn't out of control. They can make sure the quality is there and serve food in a quick time.
The BBQ here (whether brisket or pulled pork) is offered in St Louis or Carolina style. There aren't bottles of BBQ sauce sitting on the tables but I'm sure they have some in the back. The BBQ sandwich I had didn't need any more sauce and was tender with a great flavor. The BBQ brisket, used to make the Philly Cheesesteak, has a wonderful bark with wonderful flavor. That sandwich was big enough to take half home for another meal.
While they don't have servers, a young lady came out from behind the counter and walked around the dining room asking how people were doing and even refilling some drinks for people. She was so pleasant and I was impressed that we were getting someone doing this at a "fast food" restaurant that doesn't happen this well at your typical sit down restaurants. When we left, they spoke to us from behind the counter and said "thank you" and to come back again. You know, I absolutely will!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Their entrees are nicely priced, and are really good. This is an ideal place for American BBQ. Their specials they offer daily make for great deals.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The food was very good, we both had the ribs with sides. What puts this place high on my list was the great attitude of the staff. They were very friendly and engaging (Thanks Paris' mom)

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank normf416

Been to Bubba N Franks Smokehouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK