“Don't expect the room you reserved”

Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Richmond, VA
“Don't expect the room you reserved”
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed 1 night this past wknd and once was enough. I had reserved a king room, got to our room 2 double beds. No remote for the tv, went back to the desk and asked about our King room reservation, was told because others extended their stay our reservations got pushed back for room type. We were told all who had reservations for different rooms had this to happen. The corridor stunk, can't even describe the smell. No hand towels only a big towel and washcloth. No coffee maker in the room. Could hear people talking in the hall so not very sound proof. My husband remarked it looked like a drug deal going down in the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edolphs
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Virginia
Reviewed 14 February 2009

I can't believe it as I scroll through most of these reviews that these people could have stayed in this hotel. I have to stay frequently for business and the hallways are dark, noisy and ALL the carpets have pet stains. I am a smoker and the place reeks of old musty cigarette smoke, that is so strong it bothers me - I can imagine what non-smokers must think.

My bathroom was spotless with adequate towels and toiletries! No hair dryer in the room, but the lady at the desk will give you one for a small fee. Housekeeping is also available for a fee. The kitchen was just OK. The sleeping area was filthy. The last time I stayed I ended up making the trip to the wal-mart up the street for sheets that were not thread bare and stained, carpet cleaning spray and lysol.

• Liked — internet available
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank narniatraveler
Shelby, NC
Reviewed 30 December 2008

I used hotels.com to set up the room 7 hours before we arrived. It was clean and had a small kitchenette that made the stay much easier. The room was clean and it was quiet. There are only two things I'd sugguest. 1. Separate smoking rooms from non smoking rooms by floor or separate them with a wall in the hallway... the hallway stunk of cigarette smoke, but the room didn't . 2. The size of the TV was small, and it was mounted to the top of the dresser, which was too low to watch from bed. Mount it on the wall and make it a little larger. Othewise, great room! If you're looking for clean, quiet and cheap...this is it.

• Liked — Quiet and Clean
  • Disliked — TV Size and Location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2008

We were in Hampton July 3-5 2008, for the VHSCA All Stars Football game and needed a hotel close to Darling Stadium. We had an enjoyable stay at this Extended Stay. Hotel was quiet and in a great location. Rates were reasonable, staff was friendly.
Needs a swimming pool! Would stay again.

• Liked — rates
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2008

We booked this place for a Saturday night stay for a wedding that was taking place in Norfolk. We didnt want to spend much since we were only staying one night just to go to sleep. My husband and I were very please because the room was well equipped, the staff friendly, and the room was very clean. With taxes on hotwire we payed a little over $50 and it was well worth it. Would consider staying again for a one night stay again or if I just wanted a good efficiency room.

• Liked — it was cheap and clean
  • Disliked — the area wasnt the greatest
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)