“Subtle Nautical Theme”

Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was impressed at the size of the room, and more by the layout. The bed faced the window as opposed to being side on in most hotels and it made a big difference. The bathroom has a nautical theme which subtly flowed (ha!) into the room with the cleat furniture handles. Clean and comfortable, good mattress, and very fitting at the Marina.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CaptGreatBritain
Melvin N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you found our rooms were nice.
We will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thanks again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Relaxing atmosphere. Away from the fast-paced city. Beautiful scenery!!! The staff is dedicated to making your visit trouble free. Each and every staff member is friendly and greets you with a smile. The food is superb. We travel with a 94 year old aunt and a vegan so some of our needs are unusual, but the staff makes every effort to accomodate us. We consider the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina our home away from home.

Room Tip: We prefer either water view or marina view because we like watching the activity on the water.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We are glad to hear we were your home away from home. Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel because the views from the pictures of the Marina were so beautiful. However, we were sadly mistaken once we arrived. The room/bathroom was older and wasn’t that appealing to the eye. When we attempted to dine at the outdoor restaurant , we waited at our table for 15 minutes and then I got up and obtained our menus. After another 10 minutes of waiting I summoned a waitress. We gave her our order. After another 15 minutes of not receiving our drinks we left. A few hours later after preparing for bed, we saw something scurry across the floor. It looked to be a roach. When I called the front desk the attendant informed me that she was quite sure it was a “waterbug”. She stated that since we were on the water and it was raining, they could have come up from the drain. We were totally disgusted. She offered to have someone come upstairs and move our room. We accepted. However, we ended up moving our own belongings since they just dropped off the key. Honestly, if you can help it, this shouldn’t be your 1st choice in hotel stays if you are visiting the Hampton area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank ladykb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear ladykb,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel overall was very clean and the habor view was beautiful. I would recomend to stay here for any occasion. Even though I visited the hotel the weekend when a basketball tournament was being hosted it was still very quite with little to any noise complaints. I would have rated the hotel a 4star HOWEVER, I reserved the excutive suite back in february but when i checked in I was given the key to the junior suite. I was not informed that i would not be given the room that was supposed to be guaranteed since i purchased it in advanced. The hotel manager check me in and still didnt inform me that my room had been changed. As soon as i walked in the room i knew it was not the room i saw in the pictures online. I went back downstairs to inform them that i was given the wrong room. The lady at the desk was very polite and offered me a free drink at the bar however she informed me that the hotel was completely sold out and there was nothing i could do about it until the next morning when her manager (the guy who checked me in) came back to work because he was gone for the day. The next day i spoke to the hotel manager that explained to us that it is hotel policy that they over book the executive suite on purpose just in case someone cancels. The manager was also very respectful and offer to give me back the subtracted cost that the junior suite was worth. I feel that this "hotel policy" is VERY absurd. Why should I be given a room that I did not request? Especially since i booked the hotel months in advanced and I chose the rate that stated I could not be given a refund. This was a VERY big upset to me and if i would have known that before hand i would have never tried to book the executive suite. Also i feel that if I would not have complained to the front desk i would NEVER been informed on the room change from the executive to the junior suite.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diamond B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Diamond B,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We were five adults and 3 children in three rooms, and were all very pleased overall.

The rooms were great - nothing fancy but neat, clean, and larger than expected. Some reviewers mention that the hotel is somewhat dated, but none of us got that feeling. They were nice and bright due to the floor-to-ceiling windows. The views were great too. I had a corner room (526 if I remember correctly) with a full marina view, while the other rooms had partial marina/pool views (522 and 422). The beds were very comfortable too - and coming from someone who's 6'-8", this means a lot. ;)

I found the service and staff (especially at check-in) to be very pleasant and accommodating. For example, I requested a fridge and crib for two of the rooms (I had called the morning before), and they were all in the rooms waiting for us when we got up.

I've been to other hotels and have been treated like a second class citizen when I was on a name-your-own-price or award stay. This being a free-night award stay, I was pleasantly surprised at the absolutely fantastic service I received.

We didn't go to breakfast or use the spa, and the pool was still closed for the season, so no comments on those.

Overall we were very pleased and will be recommending this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LangeLuksh

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share them with the staff. Your comments are important to us and we will use them to improve our efforts. Thanks again!