“One of the finest!”

Spring Creek Golf Club
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This is one of the nicest and prettiest courses that I have played. Tees, fairways, and greens were in excellent condition; bunkers were like hardpan, probably because of all the rain prior to me playing this fantastic course. Here is a picture from the 14th tee.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

You have a responsibility to make sure all golfers behave in a courteous manner at the tavern. I have in the last month visited twice and left early with my wife due to the vulgar language that is allowed at your club. we will not return and suggest anyone with family, children. parents, spouses do like wise. Fix this problem now! Thank you

2  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 19 December 2015

Our first visit to the restaurant at Spring Creek, my wife and I and another couple. Our table was small and jammed between two others. The table itself was small for 4 people; others were larger. With our food and drinks, the table was packed.

It was a busy Friday night and the noise level in the room was high. We had to lean in and speak in a raised voice.

On the positive side, the food was quite good. My wife and I skipped appetizers and we both ordered the Friday night special -- prime rib. It comes in three sizes: 10 oz, 14 oz, and 18 oz. My wife had the 10 oz and I had the 14 oz. The entree came with a salad, baked potato and steamed broccoli. The salads were huge, fresh and well prepared. The salad dressings did not taste like they were made in-house. The baked potato had been sitting for a bit and was below average; it came with the usual toppings.

The clear star of the show was the prime rib. I ordered mine medium rare and it was perfectly cooked, very tender and flavorful. I was almost shocked at how good it was. My wife ordered her's medium and it was a bit more cooked than she liked. It comes with a horseradish sauce and au jus (which was very good).

We took home a slice of their home-made chocolate cake and found it to be very average: a tad dry and too-sweet icing; the chopped pistachios were confusing.

BTW, the cocktails and wine by the glass were fairly priced ($7) and the wine pour was generous. My Makers Mark Manhattan was well prepared.

Overall, we'd definitely go back for the prime rib! Have drinks, salads and skip dessert (at least the chocolate cake).

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Stopped in for dinner on a Friday night. Awesome food, drink, and service! They have music outside on the patio, but the weather forced us inside. Not complaing at all, the dinner menu is terrific!

Reviewed 22 August 2015

Unbelievably beautiful golf course that can be as tough or easy as you want it to be depending on the set of tees that you play. The all bent grass golf course in central Virginia is a treat to play. This is a must play for any avid golfer!