“Good place for a week” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good place for a week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I had business at the Richmond Convention Center for a week. Not wanting to stay downtown and pay for parking, I picked this hotel. I also searched out a hotel with a fridge and microwave since I didn't want to eat out for every meal.

This place was absolutely perfect for a long stay. The room featured a nice kitchenette complete with a dishwasher, full-size frig and granite counter tops. I don't even have granite at home!

I found the room to be adequately sized for one person. Liked the bathroom vanity with drawers to stash my stuff.

I took advantage of the free laundry facilities. Nice touch.

Most importantly, the room was very clean.

For folks that want a free breakfast, daily maid service and more, this may not be the hotel for them.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Allie620
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Gothenburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Here now, got two smoking rooms. Minor stains on the bed sheets but otherwise well furnished rooms with kitchen and flat screen TVs. The bath was deep too. My room at the end (524) was bigger and better then the other (522) with separate bed room, extra TV, sofa bed and kitchen island. More than we needed but if you have company, it's great. Rate with coupon (visitors center) was $70.

***** Edit******

I had to edit because I found out we didn't get breakfast. This place is definitely an upgrade compared to a few of the motels I've been to so I was surprised no breakfast. There was however a mini mart in the lobby with all kinds of snacks and essentials.

The concierge took care of applying for my bonus cards, so he gets some service points there.

So to summarize: Great value with a family, you do your own cooking. Over kill if you're alone and don't want to cook. Definitely try to find the coupon though, think it was over 100 dollars regular rate.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner rooms like mine if you are in a group. Cost the same, but there's a bed sofa...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wetpants
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Please do not let your friends or loved ones stay at this hotel. When we checked in the room was not clean. We had to request towels and pillow covers. I was bitten by bed bugs! The location is good, but the building is run down. Rough clientele.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel on a trip up from Virginia Beach and I have to say it was the worst experience I have had staying at a hotel. I made the reservation a while ago and specifically asked to be in a non-smoking room because I have two kids. We arrived at the hotel around 2am tired and ready to get some rest. When we arrived, the man at the desk told me they didn't have a reservation for us. When I gave him our confirmation number, he informed me that our reservation had been canceled due to our credit card declining earlier in the day. I recently had gotten a new credit card because the one I made the reservation with had been stolen a couple of days before. I asked him if there was a phone number attached to our reservation and he read it back to me confirming there was. I was NEVER contacted for a new card, instead they just canceled it and gave our room away. I asked him why I was never contacted before they canceled it and the other lady, I believe her name was Judy, told me they did not do that. I work for an IHG hotel myself and we NEVER just cancel someones reservation without contacting them first. NEVER! Hotels like this Candlewood Suites do this in order to make sure they make their money. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GUEST! When all the hotels in the area are sold out or have more business then they do, they run through their arrivals list and start authorizing cards WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT and if your credit card declines for whatever reason, they cancel your reservation. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS BUSINESS! IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS THEN GET OUT OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE INDUSTRY!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Clinton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

WIfe and I w/ our traveling cats enjoyed stays here during our winter travels back and forth to FL. Had an issue w/ management(he thought we may have removed items from the room) but was resolved when ownership replace the manager. It's a comfortable new moderately priced hotel that accepts pets and is convenient to shops and restaurants. A bit off the highway but not inconviently so.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family