“Too Much Hype”

Pave Mint Smokin' Taphouse
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Front Royal
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 13
Description: PaveMint officially opened June 2015. PaveMint is a "Farm to Street" Taphouse and Smokehouse featuring a gastropub menu focusing on fun, street foods using high-quality, local products from farms in the region. We are not fast food. Every menu item is made custom, in-house from scratch. We take great pride in the quality and creativity of our food and hope that you will taste and see that quality in every bite. Relax. Enjoy a fine, American, craft brew, take in the natural beauty of the Northern Shenandoah Valley, and let us serve you.
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This place was just okay. We expected more. The wings were very smoky and seemed to be all the same flavor with a little slice added depending on the flavor you order. One of us had bbq, not impressed. It’s ideally located in front royal so will do a good business regardless.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the quality inn and decided to try this restaurant that was across the street. What a great place...excellent service and the food was mouth watering good.
Great selection of beer on tap and if ypur not sure what to try they will give you a tasting.
Definitely will stop back again when in the area

Reviewed 27 August 2018

A really eclectic place...in an old gas station, plenty of ambiance. Tables inside and outside. If you want to meet new friends, this is the place. If you want a table to yourself, they are there, but you might need to wait a bit. A really fun place to meet. Outside people were able to have their dogs under their tables. Behind the property is a trail. If you are a hiker or bicyclist, it would be a great place to stop.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

If you are a local regular you are fine. The food is fair to "ok" the service and atmosphere, now that another thing all together, Looks like a trip bar out front. If your not a local you are not treated very well. Rest assured they have their regulars and they are not interested in new business,

Reviewed 19 August 2018

So, I visited Front Royal, Va for a conference and the FIRST thing I did after i hit the town was visit the Pave Mint Taphouse and Grill. I simply love the fact that they have re-purposed and old gas station...it adds to the embiance, if you will. I went for lunch and was ready to step right into a quality brew, appetizers and just wanted a great burger. The beer on tap was a very good selection and the “bartender”/manager knew his stuff. He provided several samples of different types and was helpful with selections that met my palate. The appetizer selection was impressive. I had the “crabby kitchen tots” and they did not disappoint. The I settled in for a burger and for some reason I wanted the asparagus with it. Getting the burger took a bit of time, which at first I didn’t mind because the beer was good. He finally came out and told me that they were out of asparagus. So, I ordered another side. That really wasn’t a big deal but, it took a while. So, I ordered the onion rings which were very good. Then, when I got the burger...it was underwhelming. It wasn’t that large. It wasn’t that special. It wasn’t seasoned (at all) and just failed in about every respect. It was essentially a 12 dollar fried ground meat patty on a fancy bun. I was disappointed and though I stayed in Front Royal for a month during this conference and seminar, I never made my way back. I just didn’t want to. I can get a better burger at half price and buy my own specialty beer at Martin’s Food Store down the road. I think that this place has phenomenal potential and I love the layout and the freshness of the place...but they can do better. I bet if I were to go in there on any other day, it would have been much different. But one of the differences between good and great is consistency. Hopefully they can develop a better burger, and continue to grow. That’s my take.