“Fantastic food!!”

Soul Mountain Cafe
Ranked #30 of 100 Restaurants in Front Royal
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic Cuisine; some fusion with a whole lot of Soul! Not soul food, but food for the soul in a mountain of flavors. Our eclectic menu is crafted to suit all appetites because we take pride in preparing all plates fresh to order, so have patience for real food, not fast food. Excite your palate! Absolutely the best BBQ in the valley. Known especially for our brisket, pulled pork, and St. Louis style ribs with our house made Doc’s BBQ sauce, right here on 300 East Main St. in historic Front Royal, Virginia, We serve American, Barbeque, Burgers, Cajun/Creole, Caribbean, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steakhouse and Vegetarian cuisine. We take reservations; walk-ins welcome. We are happy to book for large groups, promote a kid-friendly environment, and provide Take Out, Delivery, and Catering services. Outdoor seating available for the warmer months. Our hours of operations are: Tue – Thu: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fri – Sat: 12:00 pm – 9:00pm Sun: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Simply the freshest and best tasting food we have had since landing in Virginia 10 days ago! Great service, wonderful flavours. Salmon was done perfectly, collard greens were amazing. Just a perfect lunch all round. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Spent the day in the Shenandoah, and dropped in for lunch and a cpl drinks....

Drinks were tasty, but s-l-o-w...only about 4 or 5 other tables with ppl, so no idea what the deal is there but but both rounds of drinks took forever. Oh, and BTW, no straws... I don't have an issue with that ( do our part to help save the environment and all that), but then you're at (i.e. the customer) the will of the dishwasher and how well they do their job... Maybe, just don't offer them to everyone, but have some in the event they ask...? Just sayin...

Oh, and a few flies that just wouldn't stop (ref below)!!

We had to ordered three different items as they were "out of" so many things due to a busy weekend...but the streets seemed pretty bare and the other placed we stopped in said it was a slow weekend (not quite "leaf peeper" season yet). In my experience, this is an indicator that they're not stocking items as a result of bad sales... Just sayin...maybe the flies had something to do with that.

When we finally got to something they did have and we were interested in, again it seemed to take forever for the food to come out... Now, I will say, the food was tasty...and I would order it again, BUT....

....since service was so slow, and none came to clear our plates/table, I went to the bar to ask for and pay our tab... Had I seen the condition of the bar BEFORE we sat and ordered, we certainly would NOT have stayed...there were dishes everywhere, un scraped with food and napkins etc.. all about...adjacent tot he cutting board with the fruit for the bar drinks...Hello, flys everywhere...

...I honestly felt like I was in the opening shoot of Bar Rescue...Had it not been so blatant I would have taken photos...

In the end, the drinks & food had "soul" and flavor, but the service and general cleanliness was a NO GO!

Reviewed 18 October 2018

Stopped for lunch after driving the Skyline Drive. Service was pretty good and attentive.
Food was at best ok. After ordering waiter came back and said sorry no hamburger.
Tried to order two other items only to be told they were out also. Told my wife that ice tea would be ready in about 45 minuets. Who wants to wait 45 min. For a drink. I will say the barbecue sauce is very good and I bought a bottle to take home. Maybe they were just having a middle of the week let down and were out of items in the kitchen.
May try again .

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I think they have a water problem, it literaly stinks and the tea is horrible. That smell and flavor set the pace for the meal. Very hippy like atmosphere, we wont be back.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Enjoyed very tasty dinner here. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Got to sit along the sidewalk and as an added bonus it was music on the green in town, so we enjoyed the free concert at the same time.

Been to Soul Mountain Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK