“No Shower”
Review of Relax Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Front Royal
Relax Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Front Royal B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio
“No Shower”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Suffering from extreme stomach and intestinal issues and in need of a hot shower, I gave up camping and ended up at Relax Inn. My initial impression was that the place was clean and homey. The scent of something cooking created an inviting atmosphere. I collapsed into a very comfortable bed (one reason I didn't rate this hotel as terrible), but at 5:45 a.m. my neighbor woke me with his idling diesel truck. After the neighbor departed, I went to sleep again, waking about 9:30 a.m.. It was time to drag myself into a much needed shower, but I found little more than a trickle of hot water. The cold water could barely be controlled and almost completely vanquished the hot water. The mix could not be used for showering and I ended up taking a sponge bath in the sink where the hot water was plentiful. When I called the front desk, I got a story about two rooms sharing one hot water heater and that if the other guest used up the water, it wasn't their responsibility. I was offered neither a partial refund or the opportunity to move to another room. When I checked out, the clerk denied having knowledge of the contact information for the owner/operators of the facility. I was also told that this type problem had never been observed nor reported. I don't know how someone could clean the tub without being aware of the trouble. Perhaps the people running the place were too busy chasing their smiling kids or keeping up with Grandma. The fact that a very large family was running the place made me somewhat reluctant to complain about them, but the manager's cavalier attitude was beyond annoying.

Room Tip: In addition to checking the bedding for evidence of bugs and general cleanliness, I'll add check...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Syndi A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We were on our way to Florida and were lucky enough to stop at the Relax Inn in Front Royal we really enjoyed our stay everything was very nice clean plenty of room to park nice and close to our room we had free internet nice A/C was nice and cool, there is a nice big swimming pool so were able to have a very enjoyable swim which was good & refreshing after a long trip ,the price was the best of all the others in the area ,we will be staying there again on our way back to Florida we really like this place
Josephine Giddings

Room Tip: I just did
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ramblingwoman51
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We were looking for something cheap and with a pool on a HOT August day after camping for 4 days. This place met all my expectations. It's a bit dated, but at $49.00 a night, it was exactly what I was looking for. Backed up car to door of room and walked 5 steps to unload everything. Perect, no lugging suitcases up flights of stairs. Pool was well kept, had NO problems with staff at front desk. Gave me AAA rate w\o even producing a card. Super large King size bed. TV reception even on cable was a bit fuzzy, but we didn't come there to watch it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2008

As I write I'm sitting in my room. This is an old motel. It's not very clean, but they have made an attempt to keep it up. The TV is new. There's a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker too. I like being able to pull my car up to my room. Our king bed is hard as a rock. When we arrived the room was very hot. Although we turned the AC on when we arrived, the room is still not that cool. The bathroom is shabby with holes in the wall, smudges on the wall and tile, and fixtures in bad shape. The worst part is the tub though. The bottom of the tub is downright dangerous because it's so slippery. There's no bathmap either. There was also no towel for the tile floor, which is also dangerous when wet. I tried to call the front desk about a bathmat around 11:00 pm and no one answered after multiple tries. Steer clear of this place or at least bring your own bathmat and thick memory foam mattress cover.

• Liked — easy to find on 522, you can park in front of your room
  • Disliked — service poor, bathroom shabby, AC inefficient
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

Alabama
Reviewed 29 October 2007

I walked in to this motel late one weeknight. We had been in D.C. for a few days and were on our way to Shenandoah Valley on our way home.
The lady at the counter was very abrupt, acted as if I had committed a sin by not having my AAA card on my person and stood there for a moment thinking and tapping her pen.
"No card, no discount, and 4 people-that's...$65 plus tax." I tried to explain 2 of the 4 were young kids, but it made no difference and I offered to go out and look for my card, but she said, "NO CARD!"

I should have left, but I was exhausted and so were the kids. The whole place was empty, so at least we would get some sleep. She wrote up the ticket at $65.50 and added the taxes and somehow it was nearly $75 when she was done.

We went to the room and crashed, loaded up and left the next day. I felt ripped-off, but I guess it happens. At least the room was clean and quiet.

• Liked — It was very near Shenandoah Valley
  • Disliked — The price:value ratio.
  • Stayed October 2007
15.1 km away
Hotel Strasburg
Hotel Strasburg
#3 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK