“Unexpected feast!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

We were starving after a few hours on skyline. Found this place on line and was drawn by the burger photos. When we arrived, we almost screamed out of there. It’s a crappy little place in an old fish and chips joint The cashier was a dopey robot. But when the food was delivered (and it took awhile because the food is made to order)...OMG! So delicious! I got the cavern burger with cheese and bacon and onion rings. My sweetie got the cavern burger with mushrooms and fries. We ate it all. Every bite. The burgers were dripping with juicy goodness, the toppings were plentiful, the buns were soft but held up to the last bite. The fries were perfectly cooked - and malt vinegar was available - yum!. (Onion rings were good, but not special). We will ALWAYS go back anytime we’re in the area. There’s no need to go anywhere else. We were too full for custard, but very happy.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

My wife and I were out in Front Royal the other day exploring the area. Our son and his wife had recommended Spelunker's so we decided to try it. This local shop is so much better than all the chains, McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, you name it. It has them beat by a country mile (pun intended):). The burgers are really good and they come on a very tasty bun. While you go up to the counter to order, your order is delivered to your table. Just a good place!

Reviewed 12 November 2018

We stopped in here to have lunch. Very good burgers, but a touch greasy for my liking. The custard was the best part! Will try it again when in the area. Very friendly staff, nice clean building, even fresh flowers on the table.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

My husband had the double burger with double bacon. He loved it. We also had fries and my wife had a philly cheese steak sub. My husband loved his burger and fries. My phully cheese steak sub was awfully salty tasting.

My husband paid over 20.00 and it was w/o a drink. He said it was to expensive.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

the service is really good and the servers are friendly--they are willing to make sure you have all that you need for your meal.

Date of visit: August 2018