“A perfect weekend at The Woodward House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Front Royal
Woodward House on Manor Grade
Ranked #1 of 10 Front Royal B&B and Inns
Rockville,
“A perfect weekend at The Woodward House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

For our one-year anniversary we took a getaway from D.C. and traveled to The Woodward House in Front Royal. Our hopes were high, due in part to positive word-of-mouth read at sites like Trip Advisor. The Woodward House lived up to, and exceeded, our greatest of expectations.
We were greeted by Bob immediately upon our arrival and told we had been upgraded to a cottage, free of charge. The amenities were perfect -- fireplace, whirpool tub/shower, mini-fridge, sitting room, television, VCR/DVD, but it was the little touches like the homemade cookies left on the table or the fun-sized Snickers in a dish or the homemade bath salts that made the room. The bed was a little creaky, but that's the most minor of quibbles.
The next morning we were treated to an delicious breakfast with choices of oatmeal, cereal, various coffees and teas, a muffin with some sort of decadent cream on top and fresh orange juice. Bob took our order for breakfast and we had farm fresh eggs (best I've ever tasted) and a homemade waffle. After we were finished, Joanne gave us a tour of the house and chatted with us for 20 minutes like we were old friends.
I can't recommend The Woodward House more highly, particularly as a getaway from DC. It took 80 minutes to get from downtown Rockville to the parking lot. After you leave, there are plenty of wineries to visit or nice drives to make (it's minutes from Skyline Drive).
This was our first visit to a bed and breakfast and Bob and Joanne made it a special one. We look forward to going back in the spring.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chaztopher
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

It's been a few months and we've travelled to many places around the world since our stay at the Woodward, but I still remember it as one of the best places we've stayed in the US - and definitely the most memorable. Joan and Bob really make this place a very special B&B. I'll never forget the chats by the bar in the evening, the beautiful room - and the breakfast... those hot cinnamon buns, straight out of the oven, were amazing. As was their hospitality and great attention to detail. I hope we can make it back there one day soon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ema_London
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

My boss had recommended that I stay at the Woodward House so I decided to book it for my anniversary. Joan is truly a gem! As many of the reviews state she really does make you feel like family. We stayed in Kelly's Nest. It is a small room, but a more than adequate place to sleep. There was a snack basket with homemade cookies waiting for us when we arrived. The homemade cookies were delicious! As were the waffles and the sticky bun for breakfast. Joan actually suprised us with a small cake for our anniversary! She truly is one of the nicest people. My husband and I normally stay at one B&B a year for our anniversary. This is hands down the best hopitality we have ever experienced at at B&B. If you are looking for a hoity-toity place to stay then you will need to look elsewhere, but if you are looking for great hospitality, a great breakfast and a great value then I would highly recommend the Woodward House.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sofa821
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

Joan and Bob make this place! I have never stayed at a B&B where I felt so welcomed like I was a distant relative. This B&B is sweet and charming with artwork covering the walls almost everywhere. The rooms are way cozy. Everyone talks about the breakfast and it's well deserved. It's absolutely out of this world. One of my favorite memories was hanging out on the porch watching the moon come up over the Blue Ridge mountains with a glass of wine in one hand and my wife in the other. It was a full moon that night. ;-) The little pub was a welcome bonus and we had a blast hanging out with Bob late night as he told us about the house and his family!

We chose this B&B for the location and it's value. There's lots to do in the area from canoing, wineries and the Blue Ridge Mountains. We rode down on our motorcycle, so for MC enthusiasts, Skyline Drive is right around the corner! I really got to work on my techical riding skills with the tight turns and do some very enjoyable relaxed riding. We will be back and of that I have no doubt! Ride Safe and stay here!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klaydan
chester, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Bob, Joan and Kathy are the heart of this B&B. From the moment you walk in the door, you become family. This is the most amazing place my wife and I have ever stayed, including hotels, resorts and etc. Woodward House goes above and beyond to make sure that every need is met and that you feel as welcome as you would in your own home. We make new friends each time we come here. The skip-a-lunch four course breakfast is beyond words. Everything is baked fresh, use of free range eggs, fresh fruit throughout the day, chocolates on your pillow, cookies left everyday in your room, I could go on and on. The baking and cooking is truly Five-Star. I would recommend this and encourage anyone to come here and experience the hospitality and friendly, inviting community atmosphere. The open bar is great to mingle with free wine and beer. Also upon leaving, you receive special "Joan" homemade bath salts which are better than Bath and Body Works. We will continue to make this a mainstay for rejuvination.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3.6 km away
Lackawanna B&B
Lackawanna B&B
#2 of 10 in Front Royal

Been to Woodward House on Manor Grade? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK