“Best Hosts, best Breakfast, lovely to come home...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Front Royal
Woodward House on Manor Grade
Ranked #1 of 10 Front Royal B&B and Inns
Deggendorf
“Best Hosts, best Breakfast, lovely to come home...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2006

A very comfy and cozy home, that Bob and Joan share with their guests. You feel immediately, that they love to host guests. Every room is individually styled with antiques, quilts and so on. At the same time you get cable TV and WiFi, but you won't need it. The complimentary pub serves beer and wine and you can sit at the bar and talk to other guests, what was an important experience for us while travelling the US.
In the morning you will be waked up with the flavor of freshly baked cookies. The breakfast was a dream, thank you Bob!
We simply loved it.

• Liked — Joan and Bob, Breakfast, talking to other guests at the bar
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Just go there!
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank geotraveller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2005

My wife and I have been to Woodward House on Manor Grade before. This year we visited during the Labor Day weekend. We were as happy this time as the first time we stayed here. Woodward House is a bed & breakfast in Front Royal. It's located about 2 minutes driving from the south entrance to Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park. The bed & breakfast features 7 rooms and 2 exclusive cottages. We stayed in the one of the upstairs rooms, which had a queen size bed and separate sitting room. The hosts cook a huge and delicious breakfast every morning. The bed & breakfast is walking distance from the town of Front Royal. Front Royal has a few historical monuments to the civil war, as well as a movie theater, coffee shop and a few stores. Woodward House is a relaxing place to stay, especially if you like to hike and see nature at its best.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2005

The two best things about my stay at Woodward House were the hospitality and the breakfasts! Bob, the host, was warm and friendly and immediately made me feel at home. Being an Aussie on my first trip to the States, I now understand a bit more about Southern hospitality. Joan was away at the time (I only met her briefly just before I left) but this in no way impacted on the service received - the mechanic from the auto place nearby even helped out with breakfast one morning!

The breakfasts were great, I couldn't eat everything. The best part was finishing off with a stack of fresh blueberry pancakes, and I felt I wasn't in need of much for lunch after such a great start to the day. The rooms were smallish but cosy and well appointed, with the only negative angle being that the bed squeaked. I was travelling on my own and one night was invited to come out to dinner with Bob and some of his friends, although I felt I had to refuse. All in all, next time I'm in Front Royal there'll be no question about where I'll be staying.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
3.6 km away
Lackawanna B&B
Lackawanna B&B
#2 of 10 in Front Royal

Been to Woodward House on Manor Grade? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK