“Bob and Joan are like family and their home is beautiful : )” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodward House on Manor Grade

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Front Royal
Woodward House on Manor Grade
Ranked #1 of 10 Front Royal B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bob and Joan are like family and their home is beautiful : )”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my stay(s) have been at this wonderful Bed and Breakfast. When I first arrived last year, I had been on the Appalachina Trail coming from Harper's Ferry.
I never expected to be treated with such warmth and hospitality. Bob and Joan are two excellent inn keepers and their accomations were far superior to any B and B I had visted on my 100 mile trek on the AT.
I was determined to bring my wife back, not only to show her this wonderful Manor House, but for her to meet my two new friends who went out of their way to make me feel like a guest in their stately home.
This past spring I was returning from a visit down south near North Carolina and the Tennesee border and make it a point to stay at the place I have grown to love so well. If you're looking for a place to stay that is above average and won't break the bank, I highly recommend The Woodward House on Manor Grade. I'm sure that, just like me, this will not be your first and last visit.
I recommend this B and B because it is located near the AT and many vineyards, caverns and exciting excursions. The breakfast they serve will make you want to skip lunch. Great food, wonderful accomodations, and I'm sure you'll see, Bob and Joan are two very special people.
Happy Trails,
Ralph Estle

Room Tip: The cabin is like a dream ...... All of the rooms are top shelf.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I spent our first ever night at a B&B and absolutely loved it! After a full day of visiting wineries, sightseeing, and scenic drives in the Shenendoah Valley, we checked into the Woodward House around 4PM. Our welcome by Joan was so warm and inviting, and we immediately felt right at home. We were upgraded to the Elizabeth Suite without even asking! The suite was very large, warm, and cozy, with a private bath, bedroom, living area, and TV room.

After taking a nice nap we headed down for their first ever wine tasting party in the downstairs bar (full with beer on tap, other drinks, and excellent appitizers like grilled chicken, cheese, veggies, and desserts). About 10 of us participated in the blind tasting event with the winners keeping the extra bottles brought by everyone. It was an amazing time that we will never forget.

Sunday morning we had a delightful breakfast delivered by Bob - cinnamon buns, omlettes, waffles, whatever you want they seemed to have, and it tasted fabulous!

We are already planning our next visit to the Woodward House!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed here two years ago, so when we returned to VA, we wanted to revisit the Woodward. Joan remembered us and gave us the warmest welcome, making us feel like we were visiting a long lost friend. From the nice snack basket in the room to the free guest bar and fantastic breakfast, there's nowhere that makes me feel quite as comfortable as this B&B. Feels like family!

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Innkeepers Bob and Joan Kaye are the most welcoming and gracious folks imaginable. The rooms at the Woodward House are charming, cozy, and clean. Attention to your comfort is number one --from the comfy bed to the extraordinary breakfast. Speak of breakfast, if you like breakfast- thick and yummy french toast, country fresh omelettes, blueberry pancakes, you will be more than satisfied. A great place to get away from it all and treat yourself.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank mesmith210
Rockville,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

For our one-year anniversary we took a getaway from D.C. and traveled to The Woodward House in Front Royal. Our hopes were high, due in part to positive word-of-mouth read at sites like Trip Advisor. The Woodward House lived up to, and exceeded, our greatest of expectations.
We were greeted by Bob immediately upon our arrival and told we had been upgraded to a cottage, free of charge. The amenities were perfect -- fireplace, whirpool tub/shower, mini-fridge, sitting room, television, VCR/DVD, but it was the little touches like the homemade cookies left on the table or the fun-sized Snickers in a dish or the homemade bath salts that made the room. The bed was a little creaky, but that's the most minor of quibbles.
The next morning we were treated to an delicious breakfast with choices of oatmeal, cereal, various coffees and teas, a muffin with some sort of decadent cream on top and fresh orange juice. Bob took our order for breakfast and we had farm fresh eggs (best I've ever tasted) and a homemade waffle. After we were finished, Joanne gave us a tour of the house and chatted with us for 20 minutes like we were old friends.
I can't recommend The Woodward House more highly, particularly as a getaway from DC. It took 80 minutes to get from downtown Rockville to the parking lot. After you leave, there are plenty of wineries to visit or nice drives to make (it's minutes from Skyline Drive).
This was our first visit to a bed and breakfast and Bob and Joanne made it a special one. We look forward to going back in the spring.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3.6 km away
Lackawanna B&B
Lackawanna B&B
#2 of 10 in Front Royal

Been to Woodward House on Manor Grade? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK