I've stayed in countless hotels and resorts over the years. This hotel is outstanding. Our unit was so clean, it looked like everything was brand new. I have NEVER seen a shower as clean as this one. The grout between the tiles was so white, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't an acrylic 1-piece unit. The caulk was also perfectly white. I appreciate a clean bathroom, but this one took the cake!
We stayed in a corner suite on the fourth floor and had a wonderful view of the golf course. My husband enjoyed watching people play the hole under our window. While we didn't use the pool, it looked like a nice one, and the patio outside of the pool offered a nice view of several of the golf course holes.
Our king sized bed was very comfortable and we had a choice of firm or soft pillows. The suite was actually larger than the condo we lived in when we were first married. There was a nice refrigerator, microwave, small sink, and cabinets in the kitchenette, a large desk/table, couch, chair, coffee table, and flat screen TV in the LR, and a TV, two night stands, lamps, and king sized bed in the bedroom. The living area and bedroom had separate thermostats, and they worked well.
We had no issues with noise, in fact, the thick carpet made it very quiet, even in our suite. I couldn't hear my husband walking from room to room. There were quite a few guests there, but we don't know if they were full.
We found the employees to be friendly and helpful. They let us check in early, and did what they could to put our friends in a room near us.
With so much to do in the area, and such a comfortable place to go to at night, I would highly recommend this hotel to any close friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to an award winning hotel. The Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows is the recipient of the 2014 IHG Quality Excellence Award and the 2013, 2012 and 2011 IHG Torchbearer Award (awarded to the Best Holiday Inn hotels) and 2010 IHG Newcomer Award (Best New Holiday Inn). Sophistication and natural beauty unite at this Front Royal, Virginia hotel. For sophisticated but affordable accommodations, look no further than the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. We're situated above the award-winning Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club and surrounded by the beautiful mountains of Front Royal, VA. Our hotel's location is ideal for travelers to immerse themselves in the outdoors. You can take a leisurely drive on Skyline Drive to experience breathtaking views, enjoy a canoe trip on the beautiful Shenandoah River or explore the caverns around Front Royal. Lodging here is also convenient for business travelers visiting the Virginia Inland Port, Ferguson Enterprises, Family Dollar, Toray, American Woodmark, Axalta and other businesses in Front Royal. Our 24-hour business center, free high-speed Internet access, heated indoor pool and 24-hour fitness center are available for your use. Overlooking the beautiful mountains around Front Royal, our hotel rooms and suites offer triple-sheeted bedding, 32-inch LCD flat screen TVs with HD and HBO and refrigerators. From Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar, serving made-from-scratch cuisine three meals a day, to our 4,500 square feet of meeting space for hosting your special event, this Front Royal hotel's amenities provide a relaxing environment for our Virginia guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows Hotel Front Royal
- Holiday Inn And Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
- Holiday Inn Front Royal
- Front Royal Holiday Inn