All reviews close to town would definitely stay here again great place to stay jacuzzi bluegrass va
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We booked Oak Haven by accident and were surprised to learn we were not staying at another local hotel. After the initial shock, we found the room to be clean and sufficient for our overnight stay. The room was dim with very limited lighting and the television was very small with few channels to access. Everything else met our needs and the price was decent.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy S
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Where do I start? The refrigerator in the kitchen area had rust spots on it, there were light bulbs out in every ceiling fixture. The room was listed as a suite and was like a really bad furnished one bedroom apartment. As the 'suite' was in the basement of the lodge there was only one window in the entire space (oh wait there was a second one IN THE BATHROOM at ground level). It was October and the bedding was inadequate. Spent over $100 to spend the night here. Oh at just before 9 I called the office to find out about ice. After a number of rings someone picked up the phone and hung up. I called back, they answered "Ok, so how can I help you?" I ask for ice. They ask are you in the lodge or house? The lodge... "oh well the ice is up here at the house." I ask if that is my option she says yea it's in the freezer at the house (which I have NO idea where the freezer is in the house). Ridiculous on too many levels. I Should have ante'd up the additional $50 or so to stay at Hotel Floyd (which I have stayed at before). I have rarely written reviews. Only when my expectations have been greatly exceeded or tragically disappointed. I can honestly say I've not had this bad a hotel experience in 10 years or more.

Room tip: Good luck.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This was such a cute and clean place to stay for our weekend getaway! The Jacuzzi Oasis located behind the front desk was so relaxing and romantic. The owner was so nice and accommodating. We are planning to return before the end of the year!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Oak Haven was a rustic hidden gem. Staff (owner) was friendly and helpful, amenities were nice, room was clean and close to downtown. Great place to stay for a weekend visit. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

On the friday night we joined in the bluegrass jamboree we booked a room in this place, about 1/2 mile from the town center. It is clean with friendly staff, rooms are well equipped but definitely dated and not well sound-insulated. We found the bed comfortable enough. To get breakfast you need to go into town.

Date of stay: September 2017