“Authentic Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown”
Review of Miu Kee

Miu Kee
Ranked #121 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I often eat here with friends on special occasions. The food is delicious, authentic, and very reasonably priced. Most of the time, I order chow fun which is fantastic. Plus my friends enjoy eating at this restaurant as much as I do. Every time I go to this restaurant, I get a great tasting meal.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

I’ve been eating at Miu Kee for about two decades now, and am dumbstruck by the negative comments here. I have eaten alone, with family and other groups, and have never had less than an excellent experience.

Miu Kee specializes in Cantonese fare, in particular roast meats and noodle dishes. I’m a HUGE fan of their Barbecue Platters, often going for a combination of roast duck, roast pig (with the crackling skin), or char siu. The food is excellent, served in healthy quantities, and always fresh. At lunch today, for instance, I had the combination of duck and char siu, and two plates arrived, one heaped with two piles of meat, the other with steamed rice and Chinese broccoli. I had plenty of leftovers for dinner.

The noodle soups are great as well, good anytime but especially welcome during cold weather, when they’ll warm you right up. The noodles are perfectly cooked, the broth is full of flavor, and wontons, if you get them, are plump and tender.

I’ve always enjoyed good service here as well. Polite, friendly and attentive, even when every table is filled. In fact, some years ago, my waiter chastised me: “You always order barbecue,” he said. “Order something different!” I told him to pick something for me and, over several visits, he guided me through the menu, and I never walked away disappointed.

While Miu Kee offers the Chinese restaurant standards (Kung Pao, General Tso and the rest), you can also go way off the reservation with items from the Chef’s Recommendations part of the menu, including frog legs, sea cucumber or conch.

I’ll continue to be a repeat customer here.

Reviewed 9 June 2015

Recommended by another couple, we ordered five dishes for four persons -- won ton soup, mixed meat fried rice, Szechuan string beans, roast pork, Hunan shrimp. The soup stock was thin and tasteless, the Hunan shrimp was Cantonese style (with a thick sauce), the roast pork was dry and also tasteless, the string beans were again coated with a thick sauce; vegetables were overcooked. Potions were large, but that did not compensate for the poor food preparation. Service was unresponsive as the wait staff were too busy watching something on their smart phones.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

This place has some of the best Chinese food I've ever had. It is served family style so everyone can share, and it was delicious! It's in a shopping center so parking is plentiful, and the service and atmosphere are very good. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

The food was really good, and the service was great...very friendly. We were in the area for a large motorcycle event and the waitress was excited that we were there for that.