“Great food at a reasonable price”
Review of bartaco Mosaic

bartaco Mosaic
Ranked #80 of 482 Restaurants in Fairfax
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Description: Inspired by a healthy, outdoor lifestyle, bartaco combines fresh, upscale street food with a coastal vibe in a relaxed environment. bartaco is specialty cocktails crafted with fresh-squeezed juices, beer out of a bottle, and hand-held foods delivered on metal trays.
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in after the Farmers Market. Guacamole and tacos all very tasty and gluten free. Monjo carnitas are a definite to have.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I like the sushi -style of selecting tacos. it gives you the opportunity to taste different flavors. Love the carnitas and the glazed pork belly.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

3 of us went to celebrate a birthday at Bartaco as had been recommended by neighbors as a "Taco Bamba with table service". Well, that was partly right - they had several flour tortilla tacos to choose from - that were unfortunately smaller than those at Taco Bamba. Where two people can decently share a TB taco I wouldn't say the same for those at BT.

On the drinks side I was excited to see BT had caipirhanias. Unfortunately, they (I had two) weren't the best, either - the seasonal orange/lime version was too sweet. I will try the classic lime when I go again (which I expect I will). I did like their Smoke on the Water cocktail made with Mezcal.

This looks like a critical review, which wasn't my intent. I give Bartaco good points for a good food and drink menu and service. It is a bit noisy inside. I've got high standards for creative tacos and caipirhanias and they get a score of 80 out of 100 on each of those. There are better executions of both within 10 minutes of the Mosaic Bartaco (neither in as nice an overall environment as Mosaic). And certainly Bartaco's location across the street from Anjelicka movie theater will bring me back and I'm sure bring others in. Overall a good effort, and worth trying again.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Enjoyed lunch with some picky eaters and everyone really enjoyed the very flavorful food at bartaco. All tacos are served on a warm soft corn tortilla with a variety of proteins to pick from and unique toppings and sauces. They have a lunch combo for $10 which is plenty of food and includes 3 tacos a delicious side salad or soup. Save room for an appetizer of their house made guacamole and chips. The menu is easy to identify which items are gluten-free (which is most of the menu) and is a great place for someone with celiac disease to eat at.

If the weather is nice you can sit out on their large patio and people watch while sipping an arnie-palmer(their take on a Arnold Palmer).

The servers are very friendly, patient and knowledgeable about their menu and were happy to explain each and every taco combination. Customer service is very important to this restaurant, as a manager named Ian went out of his way to correct a slight issue with our order. Our lunch was so good and safe for me as a celiac we decided to go back the very next day for lunch.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Very popular, can get quite crowded but people seem willing to wait more than an hour! Unusual ordering system, like a sushi place. Food assortment of taco fillings and appetizers, quick and friendly table service, large outdoor seating area. Lettuce leaves can substitute for taco shells. Fun and inexpensive.