Hampton Inn Fairfax City
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Rodeway Inn(Fairfax)
View Hotel
All reviewsdolce vitafairfax citycomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanwe've stayedgeorge mason universitystay there againthe breakfast areagreat place to staywaffle makerwafflesconvenient locationvery nice hotelthe hotel staffplenty of parkingeasy accessnorthern virginia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn while visiting the Tysons Corner Center Mall and Washington DC. Hotel was very clean and check in was very smooth. This hotel is located a within a very short driving distance to the metro station (which we used for going into DC) and all the other places we wanted to go. Breakfast was great too! I always choose Hampton Inns. They are always clean with nice accommodations. Will be visiting here again in May when I take my daughters to a concert at the Patriot Center. Which is also only minutes away!

Room Tip: We choose the king size bed with study that had the pull out sofa bed. My girls liked having the sofa for when they were awake and hanging out in the room. And the room was plenty big for my husband and I and our 2 daughters.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on 11/10. It was excellent all round. We had the King bed with a pull out sofa, perfect for a family of 4 (two teen-aged sons). The staff was professional, conscientious, and very friendly. The hotel seemed new and was spotless. We slept excellently. There were plenty of pillows, blankets, and towels already in the room. I didn't have to ask for anything. The breakfast was outstanding- omelets, bacon, waffles, and all assortments of breads, muffins, cereals, yogurt,etc. Of the 4 different hotels we stayed at during this trip (3 were Hampton Inns), this was the best one.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbugNewEngland
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We arrived at the Hampton Inn very early in the day due to unanticipated causes. We were tired from travel and lacking energy. When we spoke to the person at the desk she couldn't have been more helpful. Within minutes we were in a spotlessly clean, very comfortable room and able to begin to regather our energy. Later that day we were able to spend time with friends and family which was the purpose of our trip and for which we had traveled a thousand miles. No question that being able to spend a few hours resting greatly enhanced our visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brooklynguy34433
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I recently stayed here for 3 nights with a large group. The rooms are pleasant (not spectacular) and a reasonable value. The breakfast server is extremely sweet, friendly & accommodating which makes up for the mediocre food quality.

Just don't expect anything fancy ...the housekeeping staff doesn't hesitate to get on the elevator with their overflowing carts even though there are guests onboard, the front desk staff often isn't at the desk in the evening, parking is inadequate (good luck if you come back late in the evening) and there is no pool.

Overall, I would reccommend this hotel for business travel or a large group needing to be in Fairfax.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RoxieFlo
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I recently stayed at several hotels in the Washington DC area. In general, hotels in this area are expensive (compared to other parts of the country) and available rooms are difficult to find unless you book well in advance. Since I travel on very short notice, booking in advance does not work for me and I have to rely on what's available at the moment.
The Hampton Inn Fairfax, VA proved to be decently priced and very nice hotel. The lady at the front desk was very nice and welcoming. The room was spacious, very clean and modern - with flat screen TV, mini-fridge, coffee-maker, etc. Lots of TV channels to chose from.
My rate included free breakfast, which was pretty good. There is a restaurant right next to the hotel. 7/11 is also conveniently located right next door.
Overall, very pleasant experience. I would stay at the same hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business