“Chalet Get away”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, staff friendly and recommend/suggestions were right on!!! Quaint resturant giving Italian feel, not rushed atmosphere! Our party contained 50, 60, 70 ages with one a birthday which we were treated only due to our birthday plans were overheard by our server :). Will be going back when in the area again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

So I kind of got a second lunch here but planned to save what I got until dinner. I called in a to-go order of their stromboli and they gave me a 20 minute time frame for pickup. The restaurant sits right on Main street in Edinburg and there is street parking all along there. The restaurant is good sized, but it took a bit for someone to notice I was standing there. My order was all ready to go and I paid. My stromboli was massive and I got both marinara and ranch to go with it. The stromboli had pepperoni, ham, mushrooms and lots of mozzarella. The dough was hand made and cooked to a t. I dunked the more crusty pieces in the ranch which had a buttermilk tang to it. The marinara is very plain but fresh and compliments the meat and cheese well. I had a couple bits of it right away and then reheated a chunk for dinner and it was superb. Great place.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for early dinner when in the area. The antipasto appetizer was amazing, with wonderful roasted peppers. The roasted garlic butter sauce was beyond wonderful. And the complementary rolls are to die for. We split a seafood linguini that was plentiful and delicious, loaded with nicely done seafood. So much food...it was good we split the dinner! I had a very nice salad. My husband had the pasta soup which wasn't on par with the rest of the meal. But this is a great find in the Shenandoah Valley! Service is friendly, prices are good, portions are generous, and food is tasty.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My wife and I treated our son and his girlfriend to dinner during a break for the two of them from their summer job at St George's Camp at Shrinemont. His Aunt Judy were also with us. We had done the same rendezvous a couple years ago and I remembered how good the BBQ ribs here were. I didn't order them tho because I didn't want the messy fingers that are inescapable with that entre, so I got the shrimp parmesan. I picked that because we had a dish of the marinara sauce with our appetizer, the fried calamari. That sauce was delicious and spicy, but the marinara on my pasta was bland and a bit disappointing. Everyone else seemed pleased with their choices -- eggplant parmesan for my wife, chicken and veal parmesan for Aunt Judy, and pizzas for the younguns. Service was good -- a waitress even took a bowl of water outside where our golden retriever was tethered while we ate.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Wow! Our family of 10 adults visited during vacation stay in Bayse, and out the several restaurants we ate lunch at each weekday this one excelled. Highly recommend the calzones, but from the variety of plates we ordered all were delicious. Our waitress, Fizzah, was very attentive and helpful with our orders. Must stop-off if you are in the area. Grazi, Sal!