“Great local Pizza and Pasta”
Review of Padrino's II

Padrino's II
Ranked #14 of 63 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Very humble decor. Always enjoy the pizza, salads, and pasta dishes. Great Garlic Bread. Service is fine and quality of food has been consistent.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

If you like a place that doesn't live up to basic health code regulations, this is the place for you! The bartender smokes behind the bar while making drinks and playing in other guest hair. Meanwhile, off duty staff walks freely behind the bar (smoking as well) and makes her own drinks! Also, be prepared for a hint of "chewing" gum on the rim of your glass, because the bartender plays with the gum in her mouth. Also, if you're not a local, good luck on getting any type of service. I'm in the area for Thanksgiving, I drove by this place my times while intown and wanted to check this place out: WASTE OF TIME AND GAS! I would definitely hit up a area chain restaurant(s) and save the headache.

Date of visit: November 2015
2  Thank Larry D
Reviewed 27 August 2015

We had come across Padrino's last year and the group wanted to go again because they loved the pizza. We all went in and still had great pizza, nice thin crust and I believed wood fired oven. Decided to go again a few nights later and try entrees and were kind of disappointed at the chicken marsala, looked better than it tasted, my wife's chicken did not looked breaded like mine and was extremely tough, could not eat most of it. Other couple had spaghetti w/meatballs/sauce. All had water on plate due to not draining of pasta properly. Hey definitely go for the pizza, just be wary of entrees. One in the party asked for another pint of beer and it came about two/thirds full, hmmmm.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I was accidentally locked out of my house last night 8/8 (hubby forgot and locked the screen door after UPS). So I went here as it's around the corner. i was there about 10pm on saturday night.

I sat at a table and waited 10 minutes for service. I had to go back into the resturant and ask cashier if there was a bartender. There was another guy with an empty beer mug and HUGE pizza who just sat there and kept looking around.

WHEN she did show up it was decent service, but she kept disappearing. Must be related but cause I was disappointed if that is what they consider service!

I ordered the calamari. It came out perfect but I had to ask for lemon was never offered and then I had two small pieces. For the size it should have been at least half a lemon.

Beer was flat. Very disappointed in the experience. I give average rating because the calamari was perfect which shows a good kitchen staff.

Yes, its a smoking bar and WATCH the signs, most of the doors are locked so it's confusing, but the food I had was good. Also, I would have loved to take a photo but it was so dark I had trouble reading the menu. I had to use my smart phone as light.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 30 July 2015

If you want a traditional pizza shop this is a good place to go. The pizza is more expensive than the big national chains, but quite good. Their cheesesteak and meatball subs are really good. There is a bar that has either live music or a dj, depending on the night.

Date of visit: August 2014