All reviews full kitchen pool table bedroom suite grocery store home away from home within walking distance billiard room every morning location is great business center stores and restaurants hot breakfast kids loved the pool sitting area shopping complex small kitchen front desk staff
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Our one-night stay at the Residence Inn was pleasant, and the shuttle to the airport the next morning was helpful. The hotel was busy while we were there so it wasn't as quiet as the other Residence Inn we stayed at, but we got a good night's sleep and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. The staff was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I travel for business and personal. When the family is on vacation, we try to stay somewhere that we can fix some meals in the room and not have to eat at restaurants constantly. I stay in a lot of hotels in the Marriott chain, but this is my first stay in a Residence Inn. I guess I should have expected that it would be like a residence. I didn't pay for an upgraded room or suite, so they must all be this way. But, the room is much nicer than some of the studio apartments I've lived in. There is a full kitchen with sink, refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, toaster, etc. There's even a dishwasher, dishes, pots and pans and utensils. There is a main living area with a sofa and a desk. The kitchen and bathrooms have granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The bathrooms (especially the tub) showed no signs of wear or needed maintenance.

I recently stayed in some other hotels in this area and the location for this one is better in some ways and worse in others. There is a mall close and this one is a 5 minute drive from the mall and all the restaurants near it. But, it is located in a shopping center. It's much more convenient to things like Target, Wegmans etc, but less convenient to the mall. It seems like it would be a good choice for family vacations, but I was on business and I liked the room. I didn't use the kitchen, but it's nice that it was there if I wanted to. And the kitchen made the overall size of the room very large. The location is also very close to IAD airport, so if you just want someplace close to the airport for an early departure, this is a good option. The airport is 5 minutes away, and there are backroads that don't require you to get on the highway to get there.

On the not so perfect side, there were a few things I was not thrilled with. In the tub, there is a fixture mounted that contains three large bottles containing shampoo, conditioner and body wash. In the sink area there is one of those small bars of soap. I'm happy to use the shampoo from the pump bottle, but I would rather have a bar of soap. So I took the small face bar into the shower. Housekeeping did not replace the bar of soap. I'm fine with the hotel making pump bottle of body wash an option, but I don't like being forced to use it. I want a bar of soap and I didn't get it.
Second, is the thermostat. It seems to have a mind of its own or be controlled from somewhere else. The room was always very comfortable, but pushing buttons on the thermostat in the room has no affect. Some days it would set itself on a slightly different setting than other days. But I could not change it.
Lastly, the faucet doesn't stick out far enough over the sink. If you shave in the sink, this makes shaving slightly more difficult.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Had a great night's sleep here after arriving from London.
Good location on a small shopping area, with a Wegmans for sourcing food and drinks to cook in your room. We had a good kitchen with everything you could need for cooking except an oven which meant we ordered Dominoes!
Staff we really helpful and supplied missing washing up liquid. Good shower and comfy bed, everything you'd expect from a Residence Inn. Recommend if you are travelling through Dulles to go somewhere else.
Summary: Great, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Staff were fantastic and so quick to help. Breakfast was complimentary as was the airport shuttle bus. Easy journey from the hotel to the airport and the bus-to-rail connection to DC.

Room was large, beautifully clean and fresh with all the essentials on hand in the kitchen. Bathroom was large as was the shower. All bedding and towels pristine. Internet was fast and reliable.

Reception has a small shop stocked with ready meals, pizzas, wines and snacks. There is no restaurant for an evening meal on site but there are restaurants outside the hotel and a Wegmans

If you don’t mind the 40-50 minute travel time in and out of D.C. (at about 1/5th if the cost of a cab) then this hotel is great value and definitely a good choice

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I loved staying here (was on a business trip) and I would give this a 4.5 if they let me. It was incredibly spacious and they have every amenity you would ever need. Plenty of dishes with a dishwasher, coffee, coffee maker, microwave, etc... They also sell food downstairs so if you are like me and arrived at 11pm and are too tired to go get food, they have microwaveable meals and such plus snacks and beer/wine downstairs (to be clear, they dont have room service or a restaurant). Additionally, the beds are really comfortable- I was jet-lagged and felt awful when I got there but slept like a baby. I will absolutely try to start staying at a Residence Inn for travel as it was really convenient and spacious.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business