“Convenient Hotel Restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Plenty of room at this place - a bar and dining area. Staff is very friendly and there are lots of options on the menu. I was just disappointed that the people next to me who arrived and ordered at least 10 minutes after me, got their food at the exact same time - and mine was only warm, close to cold. I mentioned this to my waitress (food was delivered by someone else). She offered to ask for a new one, but I chose not to take the time to wait. I think anyone would be able to find something no the menu to please them. TV screens for sports viewing. Pretty good beer list.

HolidayInnDulles, Manager at O'Malley's Pub Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for you feedback. I have addressed you experience with the culinary team. I'm over joyed that you like the beer list as we had recently made some changes.
Isaac Patterson

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great Irish Pub grub with a good selection of beers on tap. When hot food comes out, it is HOT. Excellent bartenders and a very selcoming atmosphere.

HolidayInnDulles, Manager at O'Malley's Pub Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Roger, Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to create a good atmosphere. We are overjoyed to know that we created that for you. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

After arriving from a red eye flight and a nap, I was pretty hungry and hoping to get a nice relaxing lunch before returning to the airport. Instead, I was treated to slow service, a surly bartender, missing ingredients in my order and a display in what looked like racial profiling. After finally getting my order taken, I had to wait quite a while to receive my lunch. It didn't seem like a complicated order (sandwich) and it wasn't busy. I noted that I never smelled food being cooked, odd for a restaurant. When I did receive my food, I also noticed that I received it at the same time that other patrons received theirs, despite arriving much later than I did. Why did I have to wait so long? During my wait I noticed other hotel guests coming in to order food to-go. Out of several customers, only the Black man had to show his hotel key and ID to order food. Yes, before he was allowed to order.
My sandwich was missing the avocado, an expensive add on. After having to wait so long and being very hungry, I told the bartender to just take it off the bill. He seemed surprised and got the manager. The manager came out like I had made an unreasonable request. I have never had a manager negotiate an amended bill before. It made me uncomfortable to explain why I wanted it off my bill and that I had to wait so long for the food. Oh, and it didn't taste fresh and wasn't warm.
It disappointed me because the hotel is a hotel we have used before and will use again for layovers.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We work to hard improve and adjust the quality of our dishes. But we can't get there without comments and constructive feedback like yours. Again, thank you and I look forward to your return to share the changes.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

On a rainy night when I didn't want to venture forth I took a chance on the hotel (Holiday Inn Dulles) restaurant. I don't generally expect much from them. But the Ribeye steak was delicious and reasonably priced and the variety of beers was very respectable. I'll stay at this hotel and eat at this restaurant in the future.

HolidayInnDulles, Manager at O'Malley's Pub Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Keith, thank you for your feedback. We value you as our guest and are glad that we met your expectations. We look forward to your return.
F&B Director

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I hate to leave bad reviews.
I usually give leeway to mediocre.
Not this time.
We ordered the house specialty as their menu describes it........

"Irish Pub-Style Fish & Chips
Lightly crispy beer batter fish, seasoned french fries, house-made tatar sauce, lemon wedges, malt vinegar"

The offering we got was heavy thick oily batter and a slab of unappetizing fish. There was nothing light of crispy or beer anywhere this food. The Irish would roll in their graves if they were told this was Irish Pub Style Fish and Chips. I don't think the cook had ever been to an Irish Pub, perhaps other than to drink beef.

I asked the waitress what kind of fish it was. She said "maybe cod" well you should know what kind of fish you are serving if people ask. It was a Fish and Chip disaster I'm afraid. They should have called it heavy, tasteless oil animal from the ocean. Yeah, that's it.

Sorry O'Malleys to call yourself and Irish Pub and offer Irish style Fish and Chips as a main attraction on the menu, means simply. Get it right or go home.

HolidayInnDulles, Manager at O'Malley's Pub Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Bleuemoon2,
I have taken your feedback to our Executive Chef to discuss. We welcome your comments and take it serious. It is much needed as we are always looking to improve the quality. If your travels find you back in the area, please reach out to me as I would love to share with you the quality improvement made to this very popular dish. Thanks for sharing your comment with us.
F&B Director