See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Was booked through another group so when we showed up wanted to run! Mold on walls, pub hair in shower, carpets damp, people cooking out on grills!!! Thank goodness I brought own sheets and Lysol! NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 04welzel
kikuLadysmith, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

We are really concerned about the issues you proclaim here as these are not our typical negatives.We review our rooms before being put in the system as available for rent and going forward such review will be seconded by another person from different department.
We hope to check you in at our facility where families enjoy all our amenities, free parking while they walk to the Amusement Park next door all at lowest price at this exit and season. Our rooms are soundproof because unlike modern structures build with wood and sheetrock, ours is a solid building with Bricks, Concrete and Steel which is best for safety and privacy, while your car is parked right by your room door. Please come back we shall keep our light On for You.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We came down to visit kings dominion and stayed here because of location next to the park.

The room was very clean, but I had to fix the bed board because it was out of wack and the bed was leaning. No biggie and was surprised that under the bed was spotless! So I felt very secure in sleeping in the bed.

The microwave was clean along with the bathroom.

The bathroom had shampoo and conditioner in a pump on the wall, which I thought was cool!

The staff was great!

Only complaint was they overbooked our room! When we came back that night there was a bag on the bed that wasn't ours. And our key didn't work.

We got ahold of front desk and they had it fixed quickly and moved the other gentleman to another room!

The pool was great ! They have a tiki bar also by the pool. They also have shuffleboard and a tennis court! Wow

Great place to stay will stay again if we visit

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for posting your review where we notice the mix up committed by an errant employee at Front Desk.
We have now taken steps to ensure that the staff at Front Desk be very careful about status of a room before a key is made. Our Computer system has been improved too to create a red flag if a room is targetted for new customer while previous occupant has not left and room readied for new customer.
Please do come back whenever you come in this area to enjoy the Kings Dominion Amusement Park located right next door.Thanks again!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

STAY AWAY from this Motel 6. There are drug using employees here! One of them dropped their heroine needle from the 2nd floor to the ground right among my grand babies! They didn't do anything about this employee! The Denny's & Motel 6 employees both live there and it is ridiculously loud. Front desk employees are rude, rude, RUDE!
I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door the 1st morning there. Left with family for the day, returned & found that they had entered the room anyway! Fortunately, my purse & all valuables hadn't been stolen!
If you try to complain about anything, they tell you that you have to check out!
Absolute ridiculousness! They have no clue how to run a reputable business!!!
They also own the unworthy side that is Centerstone...what a joke this place is.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

We are sorry to read your comments here and would like to assure you and everyone that these issues are not typical here. Anyone who is causing disturbance to peace here are not allowed to stay which is terminated when needed with the help of Hanover County's Finest.If someone needs to write a review based on their imagination and not facts, the targeted business can not do much except to hope for and depend on other readers best judgement that sometimes there are hidden motives and unexplained situations that need personal observations and corroborations..

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My family & I came to visit Motel 6 from Texas to see my husband while he is up here working. Sadly upon check-in we came to a room with hair all over the bathroom floor, We also had to bleach the microwave before we could put anything in it, but the bed was nice and we were tired we booked a room for the week. At one point my 3 yr old son almost stepped on a needle full of heroin, the housekeeping stealing some items, the front desk clerk cussing at me because the house keepers left trash out and corporate was there. The housekeeping manager Vanessa said they don't clean rooms for anyone with a weekly rate. So when I asked for the owner I was told they don't have one there, he lives in India. The following day the assistant manager said the owner asked my family to leave. Our nearly 2,000 a month they chose not to take. Motel 6 it is a shame you have a place like this in your name. I have never experienced such terrible service in my life. Also the music is too loud, the maintenance is a joke, and they let dogs poop all over the property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Not a bad stay. Room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was a little small, shampoo dispenser on the wall was a nice touch. Front desk person at check in was extremely friendly and helpful, a pleasure to deal with. Walking distance to the park, we could see the fireworks from the hotel grounds thus avoiding the crowds. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family