“Convenient and clean”
Review of Centerstone Inn

Centerstone Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed 23 April 2012

great place to stay. We could walk to the park. Did not get to use the pool or tennis courts but looked nice. Full house but did not hear any noise from other rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Centerstone Inn

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Just returned from our trip to Kings Dominion with for the Dance Fest competition. This motel was booked by the studio so we were unsure what to expect. After reading some of the reviews we became a bit more concerned that it may not be all that great. Much to our surprise the hotel was adequate for it's purpose. It is a bit of an older motel however it wasn't as bad as some of the other reviews lead you to believe. The windows in the rooms could stand some Windex, and there was a water (leak) spot on our ceiling but nothing to loose sleep over. The TV channel selection leaves a bit to be desired, about 20 choices in all, basic cable at best. The courtyard made a good common area for the dance team to practice one last time before competition. Breakfast on the other hand is another story. Do Not.....I REPEAT DO NOT eat a the Denny's connected to the hotel. Worst experience ever. We went there thinking it was just a Denny's what could go wrong...Plenty!! We did not go as a dance team so we were not a big party. I went down alone to get take out and bring back to the room. There was maybe 3 families sitting so it wasn't a big rush. Long story short, food had to go back 3 time and on the 4th time still got the order wrong! One of the times they said it had to go back because "It broke", to which I asked what broke, and they replied "the eggs...." I said they were scrambled how does scrambled eggs break?????? Total time waiting 45mins before the 4th order came out wrong. Went to the "manager" and demanded our refund. Took the money and headed to 7 Eleven and grabbed some breakfast juice and doughnuts and back in 10 mins. In the meantime 3 other families that were traveling with us also attempted Dennys and had similar issues. Food missing, wrong order, cold, etc.....Three of us filed written complaints with the hotel front desk. Not sure what they can do but if I can give you any advice at all take this piece and head to 7-11 for breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank OffWeGo1023
dclausen, General Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

As General Manager I want to thank you for your honest remarks about our hotel and your stay. I also want to deeply apologize for the lack of service you experienced at our restaurant. Although the restaurant is attached to the hotel, it is operated by a separate company, therefore I do not have as much control over service as in the past. However, I have forwarded your comments on to the Regional VP of Operations for her review. Our aim is to provide excellent service to all our guests whether in the hotel or the restaurant, and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I do have your written assessment in front of me and will contact you personally by telephone. We hope that you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves as this is not the normal level of customer service provided by the restaurant.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Older style hotel but for the "It's no joke" price. I saw the billboard on the hwy. I have business on this exit, never stayed here. So why not give it a try. I've got to say... not bad at all for $49.95 a night. The lobby staff was professional, the cheap room was small, but perfect for my purpose to get a little computer work done and sleep. I would stay here again, but I'm not a picky person. I travel four nights a week on the road, and have seen a lot worse. This place is a lot cleaner and safer than hotels a couple exits down in Ashland, VA. They give you your reward points on the cheap rooms as well.

• Stayed: April 2012

As General Manager I take everyone's comments as a tool to better train our staff and to improve our service and quality. I appreciate your comments and honest appraisal of our hotel. We strive to provide clean rooms, a safe hospitable environment, and friendly efficient service. An older hotel is not an excuse for not meeting these standards. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next journey in the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Traveling with a 65 lb Golden Retriever, Bailey, means doing some homework before hitting the road! Many hotels who advertise as being "pet friendly" charge up to an additional $75 per nite; will accept larger pets; put you in a smoking room etc.

I called ahead to double check their pet policy and was assured this was NOT going to happen. From this first call I was impressed with the sincere friendly approach of the staff.

I was not disappointed.

The front desk staff - Cederick - was welcoming and helpful. There are outside areas designated for the dogs which are quite sizable and clean. It would appear RESPONSIBLE pet owners are the norm.

The room was adequately sized with two comfortable double beds. We had a microwave and good sized mini fridge. And it was all clean and sparkly. The ouside hotel property was also well maintained.

The amusement park was not yet opened for the seasn (which was great for Bailey as she got to chase her ball in the huge Park parking lot) but obviously quite convienent with a direct walking entrance from the hotel to the park. There is a 24 hr Denny 's on the hotel property plus Uno's pizza. Uno's is only open during the Park's season. A small bar is also on the property. We imagined parents taking turns at the bar after the kids were asleep following a long day at the Park! There is a Burger King across the highway but no other eating options at that exit. Hotel staff does provide a list of resturants and shopping available at nearby Ashland exit.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the Parks parking lot and you can see the rides. Might be more noisy than the other...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

As the General Manager I would like to thank you for your kind words about our property. We strive to insure every guest has a great and memorable stay. We are certainly glad that Bailey was able to enjoy herself during her stay with us. Pets are family too and we want to be sure that they too have a safe and friendly environment. Please, bring Bailey and stop and see us again on your journeys.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were travelling on the I-95 and needed to find a good place to stay for a night. The Best Western kings Quarters at Doswell appeared to be a convenient place. The hostess received us very well and with a beautiful smile. The access of a restaurant in the same building is very convenient. There is a lot of parking places. The rooms are very clean and freshly renewed. The carpet had been cleaned a day before our arrival. A good place to stay without doubt.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

As General Manager I am always glad to hear from our guests whether it is praise to pass on to staff or criticism to use as a tool for training the staff. Your kind word have been passed on to the staff with y thanks. We strive to make each guest feel welcome and at home. We have a lot of guests who stop on their way north and south for their seasonal travels each year. We hope that you will stay with us again on your journeys.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
0.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
0.8 km away
10.5 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 6 in Ruther Glen

Been to Centerstone Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK