“Excellent Southern Seafood & fresh Beignets!”

Davis Street Pier Seafood Hut
Ranked #30 of 112 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Everytime I've been here the staff are friendly, the seafood is great, flavorful, large portions and cooked very well. They have a wide selection, optional cooking techniques, and very reasonable prices. Their beignets were super and a rare treat.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I had lunch with a friend at the Davis Street Pier in Culpeper. However, I didn't see the pier. It is located next to the railroad station and you can watch the trains go by. I was told about this restaurant by a friend in Fredericksburg and was finally able to locate it. I walked in, saw my friend and seated myself. I was told all the seafood was fresh. Even the oysters were shucked on premises. I ordered from the "pick two", fried oysters and broiled crab cake. Since it was broiled, it took some time, but well worth it. The hush puppies were a little overdone. I guess I got there late, as there weren't that many people there. Good food, good service. I'll be back.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Eaten here three times. Portions are large, especially the fish and chips. You can get a half order if you like. Fish is excellent cod, coating is thin and seasoned, very good. Fries were fresh cut and very hot. Also had the fried clams and chips. Very good.

The clam chowda is homemade and some of the best I have had up and down the East coast. The crab soup had a big scoop of crab meat in the center of a delicious, tomato/veggie broth. Excellent.

Good selection of beers in bottles or on tap. Tried the chili dogs as well. You get two, large and in sub buns. The chili is very beefy, not spicy or red. A different take on a classic but pretty good. Service is casual and friendly.

Haven't tried the BBQ yet, as that is easier to get around here. Good seafood is another story.

Will be going back for more.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This ranks at the top of my list for scallops. Done just right, very fresh and tender and sweet... it is hard to find a good scallop and I am from New England where even there are restaurants that cannot get it right!! My husband got the fish and chips and was also pleased. Wait staff appropriately attentive and very friendly. Enjoyed it and would highly recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We tried this restaurant as part of restaurant week. We were warmly greeted and the waitress was terrific. It was a tavern atmosphere and we enjoyed a Vienna Lager. The food turned out to be exceptional. I had the pork shank, the gravy superb, my wife had the salmon and our friends had broiled seafood platters. All enjoyed their meal. The portions were generous and the cost reasonable. We will return for a fun and excellent meal.